Ingredients Sales Manager
- Job Title
- Ingredients Sales Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
We are working with a well-established beverage company that is perfecting the science of world-class, cream-based emulsified beverages. This innovative company is a global leader in the B2B cream liqueur segment, as well as specializing in nutritional beverages and iced coffee!
We are seeking a Sales Manager that specializes in B2B food/beverage ingredients. This person will be responsible for growing the bulk business in North America. Other responsibilities include: executing business development plans, acquiring new customers, managing projects, and strengthening relationships with existing customers.Location: Hybrid - Northern New Jersey; 40% travel
- Will initiate, maintain, and improve relations with customers and prospects. Will monitor the developments and performance and act as business partner for accounts and support accounts in optimizing & growing business.
- Manage liquid development projects together with a multi-disciplinary team, based on customers qualifications and needs.
- Will develop new relationships and discover and realize new business opportunities in cooperation with other functional disciplines.
- Provide insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses, based on reporting guidelines.
- Prepare proposals for contracts. Lead and/or participate in negotiations, including defining the negotiation strategy.
- Advise, consult, and guide customer’s R&D department.
- Attain budget volumes, and profit margins by actively and regularly monitoring monthly financial figures (provided by Finance Department), and adjusting prices and strategy accordingly.
- Maintain contacts with the customer at all levels: Executive, management, technical (research and development), operations (planning and production), marketing and purchasing.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years B2B Food & Beverage Ingredients
- 5+ years of overall Sales experience
- Proven track record of value selling in a co-creation environment
- Experience managing Key/Multi-National Accounts preferred
- Proven track record of new business development
- Experience selling to & working closely with the R&D department of customers preferred
- Reading/Speaking proficiency in Spanish or French is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products and Salesforce
- 40% annual travel (90% domestically, 10% internationally)