APARTMENT LEASING SPECIALIST - THE VIEW AT 5010
- Job Title
- APARTMENT LEASING SPECIALIST - THE VIEW AT 5010
- Job ID
- Winston Salem, NC 27106
- Other Location
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for assisting the Community Manager in managing her/his apartment community in a manner designed to maximize cash flow consistent with SYNCO Property Management, Inc.’s (SPI) Policy and Procedures Manual.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : AS DIRECTED AND ASSIGNED BY THE COMMUNITY MANAGER
- Learn and adhere to all Fair Housing Laws and regulations.
- Answer incoming calls in a prompt, professional & inviting manner.
- Secure leases on qualified individuals by utilizing SPI’s sales, marketing, advertising, closing & customer service techniques.
- Develop marketing/advertising strategies for all available units as market condition dictates. Secure weekly competition market analysis. Know your competition and what specials are being offered.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the community, property grounds, building/unit locations, all floor plans and special features.
- Gain a working knowledge of all reports relative to the weekly preparation of the Keen Report as directed by manager.
- Prospect for new residents; develop rapport with local realtor and relocation agencies and businesses for referral business.
- Prepare lease documents and move-in packages for new residents.
- Accept service requests and coordinate same with proper service personnel.
- Help maintain attractive, neat office/clubhouse facility, keep your desk organized and neat.
- Purchase supplies for office as directed by the Community Manager.
- Maintain a professional attitude and business-like conduct at all times, using diplomacy when dealing with all SPI associates, prospects, vendors, etc. Demonstrate upbeat, positive behavior always.
- Thoroughly review the following with each new resident prior to executing the lease:
- Lease agreement-covenants and conditions
- Community rules and regulations
- Applicable SPI policies & procedures
- Collect all monies due (application fee, security deposit(s), pet fees, rents, etc.) prior to delivering unit key to new resident.
- Ensure that the Community Manager is aware of significant events, specific problems, etc.
- Maintain and encourage good relations with residents. Attempt to resolve all issues and/or complaints without referral to supervisors.
- Assist in planning/hosting property social activities.
- Assist with preparation of property newsletter.
- Ensure vacant and model apartments are market ready and available to show at all times by communicating any shortfalls to manager immediately.
- Work with community team assisting other associates as requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by Community Manager.
(a) High School diploma required – some college preferred.
(b) Leasing/Marketing experience preferred but will train.
(c) Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance must be maintained.
(d) Ability to work weekends.
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
(a). Above average sales/leasing/customer service skills.
- Computer experience in Windows packages - typing & data entry required.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to walk property and stairs on a daily basis for inspection and leasing.