ASSISTANT APARTMENT MANAGER – LOXLEY CHASE APTS
- Job Title
- ASSISTANT APARTMENT MANAGER – LOXLEY CHASE APTS
- Job ID
- Winston Salem, NC 27106
- Other Location
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Community Manager in managing her/his residential apartment community in a manner designed to maximize cash flow consistent with SYNCO Properties, Inc.'s (SPI) policy and procedures manual.
AS DIRECTED AND ASSIGNED BY THE COMMUNITY MANAGER
- Complete and adhere to all Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Initiate use of effective marketing/advertising techniques as appropriate.
- Lease apartments to qualified individuals - never compromising profile.
- Thoroughly review the following with each new resident:
- Lease Agreement - covenants and conditions
- Community rules and regulations
- SPI policies
- Maintain good relations with residents. Listen to complaints and attempt to solve them without referring to superiors.
- Coordinate social activities for residents.
- Answer incoming calls in a prompt, professional & inviting manner.
- Minimize resident turnover by demonstrating strong customer skills and speedy resolution to problems.
- Ensure vacant units are market-ready and available to show in the best possible condition.
- Maintain key control of occupied and vacant units.
- Inspect grounds and tour path daily, including pools, laundry centers, common areas, and playgrounds to insure they are maintained in excellent condition.
- Maintain attractive, neat and clean office and/or model apartment and clubhouse at all times.
- Maintain accurate operations records and files.
- In a timely manner, assist the Community Manager in preparation of weekly and monthly reporting requirements.
- Process all leasing documents and accounting information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collect, record and deposit 100% of all money due daily.
- Monitor all delinquent accounts and initiate defined collection procedures.
- Operate community within established budget parameters and policies. Responsible for assisting Community Manager to meet budgeted revenues, expenses and Net Operating Income.
- Accept service requests and coordinate same with service personnel.
- Follow up on service/repairs to residents within 24-hour period after maintenance is requested.
- Schedule, inspect and approve work completed by outside contractors as assigned.
- Be available for emergencies after hours.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demonstrate professional conduct at all times. Exercise diplomacy when dealing with everyone related to your business.
- Ensure that scheduled office hours are maintained.
- Ensure that the Community Manager is aware of important events, specific problems, etc.
- Shop competition - maintain knowledge of current events in area.
a) High School diploma required.
b) Some college credits/degree, CAM or ARM credits preferred.
c) SC Property Manager's License may be required at some locations.
d) Must maintain a valid driver’s license and adequate vehicle insurance at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous on-site experience required.
- Above average sales/leasing/marketing skills
- Team player attitude, diplomacy and strong customer service skills
- Computer experience in Windows, typing & data entry required. YARDI property management software preferred, other experience accepted.
- Ability to walk property and climb stairs daily for inspection and leasing.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required.