Page Mechanical Group is the leading commercial HVAC and Electrical contractor serving Tampa, FL, Fort Myers, FL & West Palm Beach, FL, and the nearby areas. We deliver the highest standard of quality workmanship to meet your mechanical and electrical contracting needs. Since 1985 we have been the most trusted source for mechanical contractor services in the local area.
Pipe Fitter Mechanic
- Job Title
- Pipe Fitter Mechanic
- Job ID
- Fort Myers, FL 33905
- Other Location
Are you looking for a reliable and committed employer to develop your career with? Page Mechanical Group has an opportunity for you! As a successful and well-established mechanical contractor serving SW Florida since 1985, we focus on continuous growth and a team-oriented work environment to ensure our employees maximize their potential. We offer top pay, excellent benefits packages, and continuing education opportunities. If you’re passionate about customer service and want to grow with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
The Pipefitter works with tools to complete and manage all aspects of pipe installation, and will be engaged in fabricating, assembling, and maintaining commercial HVAC piping systems. This position reports to the Piping Foreman.
What You'll Do:
- Lay out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints
- Inspect work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and interference with activities of other workers
- Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine; Thread and bend pipe using pipe threading machine and pipe bending tools/machine
- Assemble and install variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic
- Connect pipes using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and handtools; Secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers
- Use hand tools to install and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders
- Install and maintain refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meters, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and piping
- Increase pressure in pipe system and observe connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks; May weld pipe supports to structural steel members
- Determine sequence of installations by reading plans and working drawings
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
- Company paid training
- Above market wages
- Reliable and clean company vehicle
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and equipment
What We Need from You:
- 4 years of vocational preparation acquired in school, work, military, institutional, or vocational environment
- Minimum 5+ years related work experience
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, lifts, and scaffolds; stand, stoop kneel, or crouch
- Exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Physical activity requirements are in excess of those for light work; Physically working foremen must be able to reach for, handle, and feel objects, and lift up to 75 pounds with frequent carrying of materials up to 50 pounds
- Read safety rules/instructions in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work
- Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.