Page Mechanical Group is the leading commercial HVAC and Electrical contractor serving Tampa, FL, Fort Myers, FL & West Palm Beach, FL, and the nearby areas. We deliver the highest standard of quality workmanship to meet your mechanical and electrical contracting needs. Since 1985 we have been the most trusted source for mechanical contractor services in the local area.
Sheet Metal Helper
- Job Title
- Sheet Metal Helper
- Job ID
- Fort Myers, FL, FL 33905
- Other Location
Are you looking for a reliable and committed employer to develop your career with? Page Mechanical Group has an opportunity for you! As a successful and well-established mechanical contractor serving SW Florida since 1985, we focus on continuous growth and a team-oriented work environment to ensure our employees maximize their potential. We offer top pay, excellent benefits packages, and continuing education opportunities. If you’re passionate about customer service and want to grow with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
The Sheet Metal Helper/Apprentice will assist in fabricating, assembling, installing, and maintaining commercial HVAC sheet metal systems with direction and supervision provided the mechanic/lead through hands-on training. This position will report to the Sheet Metal Mechanic.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the installation of sheet metal systems
- Help with selecting gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material based on product specifications
- Assist with assembling components, repairing sheet metal items, and fastening seams and joints using welds, rivets, bonds, solder, etc.
- Aid in creating supportive frameworks, take measurements, and fabricate materials
- Work on elevated ground and maintain balance when standing on restricted levels such as beams
- Must be able to work effectively and precisely while also promoting a solid safety culture
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
- Company paid training
- Above market wages
- Reliable and clean company vehicle
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and equipment
What We Need from You:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Mechanically inclined
- Driven, dependable, coachable with a strong work ethic
- Strong scores on mechanical comprehension tests
- Well-organized with effective communications skills and strong verbal skills
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, lifts, and scaffolds; stand, stoop kneel, or crouch
- Capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Physical activity requirements are in excess of those for light work; physically working foremen must be able to reach for, handle, and feel objects, lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds in a safe manner
- Ability to read and understand safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.