- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
We are working with one of the top three cheese producers in the country and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. With their countrywide footprint, as well as both national and international distribution networks, they bring their best to their customers and have plenty of opportunities for their employees to grow in their own way.
We are seeking multiple Production Supervisors available to work either 2nd or 3rd shifts. The individuals that fill these roles will work with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review, and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
Location: Delhi, NY
- Ensure proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Coordinate and communicate production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of production run assignments.
- Evaluate and anticipate production volume adjustments, daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production run schedules.
- Using ERP system, complete production data entry results and reporting to include production results, volume, OEE, planned/unplanned downtime by product type and order.
- Complete and review production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other documents.
- Coordinate and conduct employee training (i.e., job, safety, etc.) and monitor work performance.
- Provide supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action, and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in grievances solutions or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a food packaging environment preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures
- Proficient with ERP solutions, SAP preferred