- Job Title
- Cost Accountant
- Job ID
We are working with one of the top three cheese producers in the country and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. With their countrywide footprint, as well as both national and international distribution networks, they bring their best to their customers and have plenty of opportunities for their employees to grow in their own way.
We are seeking a Cost Accountant who will support the plant operations team by providing accounting support that accurately documents operations costs in the financial reporting system and will assist management with the identification, development, and implementation of procedures that improve utilization of raw materials to minimize cost. Reporting to the Finance Administration Manager, this position will be responsible for supporting the facility’s financial reporting team with month end financial closing duties, budgeting, forecasting, and costing activities for the facility as directed.
Location: Delhi, NY
- Ownership of Plant standard cost system, providing insight and analysis of drivers of performance
- Assist corporate cost accounting team with review and input to the monthly standard cost update and review of all facility BOMs for accuracy
- Daily review and control of clerical entries related to production and inventory transactions
- Prepare and analyze daily material yield and loss
- Assist management with development procedures that improve the accuracy of functional performance reporting and identification opportunities for further cost reduction across the operation
- Participate in the development of data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost
- Facilitate the monthly physical inventory process.
- Sustain and improve internal control environment.
- Play critical role in month end process closing process, preparing journal entries for approval and investigating variances.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another discipline is required.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail, superior analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications a must
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on Cost and Financial Accounting
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with advanced skills in Excel
- Comfortable working with and updating dashboards and communicating to plant leadership.
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement and 5S.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills, flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, BPCS, SAP or other ERP Systems a plus