- Job Title
- Field Engineer
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is looking for a Field Engineer to join our operations engineering team. The Field Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support for projects in operation or soon to be in operation. This position includes assisting plant personnel and projects with engineering design, field support, performance analysis (Solar & Battery Inverters, Wind Turbines or other), and working with plant operations, Asset Management, & OEM providers to resolve issues and maximize performance and reliability. This role encompasses collaborating with a cross functional team to optimize National Grid Renewable assets for long term sustainability.
- Analyze plant equipment performance across a variety of renewable platforms (Solar, Wind, & Battery) to find anomalies and improve plant performance.
- Increase asset optimization and plant profitability within engineering design parameters, in conformance with approved procedures and permits.
- Ensure the operational assets provide maximum availability/reliability in a safe, economical, and proactive manner.
- Communicate regularly with director of engineering, asset management, field operations, and other personnel to ensure satisfaction of internal/external customer requirements.
- Provide technical support to plant operations as may be required for project infrastructure, facilities, and systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics testing of devices and systems to resolve alarms and faults.
- Participate in or lead business unit improvement initiatives.
- Manage and provide oversight of external professionals & equipment OEMs with a heavy emphasis on Solar Inverters and Battery Storage.
- Oversee quality aspects of engineering and ensure compliance with design standards and accuracy of final documentation and test data.
- Ensure all relevant internal controls are followed and develop new controls as needed.
- Perform root cause analysis and present findings to cross-functional teams, including Executive Management.
- Assist team with NERC compliance requirements as determined.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a specific Electrical engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a broad range of renewable or other power generation with an emphasis on Inverter and battery storage systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong electronic troubleshooting skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand technical documentation related to renewable energy projects such as local codes and regulations, civil and electrical drawings, or other specifications.
- Proficiency using personal computer tools such as MS Office, Word, Excel, NetSuite, MS Project, Visio, , analytic systems, and other database managements systems.
- Ability & Willingness to travel and assist plants with technical support/troubleshooting. Travel expectations up to 50% but will vary depending on operational needs.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration
- Advanced degrees in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Experience with electrical system analytics/SCADA/Relays/Advanced Analytic systems
- Proficiency in Autocad, PSSE, PSLF, PSCAD, ETAP and/or Easy Power
- Experience with Inverter and Battery systems
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference check, & background check. National Grid Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.