Marketing & Communications Intern
- Job Title
- Marketing & Communications Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewablesis a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being farmer-friendly and community-focused and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About The Job:
National Grid Renewables is seeking an intern to join its Marketing and Communications team for the summer of 2023. The intern will assist with marketing, communications, and business development activities that have a real impact
,and will present on their experience to leadership staff at the end of the summer. The intern will learn fast in a changing and growing company and will take away “real world experience” as well as a better understanding of the renewable energy industry.
What You'll Do:
- Research for a variety of needs, including but not limited to media relations, advertising, communications, events, marketing campaigns, sales leads and/or general market/industry research
- Assist in editing and/or creating marketing literature and advertisements, including printing and ordering and working within GearUp (internal ordering and inventory management system)
- Assist with event and conference planning
- Assist in the creation and distribution of both internal and external communications, including assisting with maintaining The Charge (company intranet) and Constant Contact (email communication system).
- Assist in editing and maintaining content and design of websites and social media accounts
- Analysis, purchasing, storing, tagging and uploading media assets into the new Digital Asset Management System
- Prepare weekly reports to provide status of work activities
- Other duties as assigned
- A college student studying Marketing, Business, or related field of study
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a positive attitude
- Team player committed to collaboration and participation in feedback loops
- Organized with a willingness to learn and pivot as needed
- Ability to go above and beyond
- Success with managing projects from start to finish
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to travel multiple times throughout the summer to project events and sites (travel by air and/or car)