Energy Storage Data Intern
- Job Title
- Energy Storage Data Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewables is seeking an Energy Storage Data Science Intern for the summer of 2023. The intern will preferably be a master’s candidate, but applications are also being received for relevant undergraduate candidates. The Energy Storage Data Science Intern is for an individual that is looking for a career experience in the renewables industry and is hungry to make a difference. This opportunity may be remote.
- Role Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term price forecasts and optimization models for financing merchant energy storage projects.
- Create operating strategies based on statistical analysis of grid conditions.
- Manage large datasets collected from real-time operation in merchant energy markets.
- Critique and improve data warehousing operations.
What you bring to this role:
- Pursuing a degree in Data Science, Math, Engineering, Computer Science
- Knowledge of or experience in power markets industry
- Knowledge of or experience in:
- Statistics (required)
- Python or similar language (required)
- Time-series forecasting
- Machine learning
- Linear optimization
- Well-organized; multi-tasker
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Quick, accurate, and consistent work
Other Important Information:
- This is a paid internship
- Expected hours are about 40/week
- Role Responsibilities: