- Job Title
- GIS Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
The GIS (Geographic Information System) team is responsible for managing continually evolving geospatial data using ESRI ArcGIS. The GIS Intern will shadow the GIS department while working closely with all teams involved in the renewable energy project development process such as Project Origination, Development, Real Estate, Permitting, Construction, and Marketing. The intern will learn fast in a changing and growing company, will gain “real world experience”, and will walk away with a better understanding of the renewable energy industry.
- Support development of projects from conception to construction by creating, managing, and updating geospatial data in project areas.
- Produce visually appealing maps using geospatial data and department specific content requirements
- End of summer presentation: Topic to be determined by intern and manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A GIS undergraduate or graduate student studying Geography, GIS technology, Geomatics, Environmental Science or related field.
- Software abilities: ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth, LandWorks, Adobe Illustrator
- Interest in renewable energy.
- Geospatial analysis and visualization skill.
- Achievement driven
- Strong independent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a team.
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Ability to adapt to fast paced and continually evolving environment