Operations Engineering Intern
- Job Title
- Operations Engineering Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewables is seeking an intern to join its Operations Engineering team for the summer of 2023. They will perform tasks essential to the day-to-day operations, will lead specific projects that have a real impact, and present on their experience to leadership staff at the end of the summer. Through gaining hands-on operations and field experience, the intern will walk away with a working knowledge of data analytics tools for renewables, operational systems and priorities for renewable energy plants, and an enhanced understanding of the renewable energy industry.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the development of data analytic tools and predictive technology
- Organize policies and procedures
- Organize construction design turnover documents
- Organize engineering drawing and documentation systems
- Assist with asset management financial and operational reporting
What you bring to the role:
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in renewable energy, electricity markets, operations engineering
- College student or recent graduate with a degree in engineering, sustainable energy or other renewables field
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote wind and solar energy sites