Regulatory Policy Intern
- Job Title
- Regulatory Policy Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects. National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Underpinning our business objectives is a farmer-friendly and community focused mandate to ensure our initiatives are consistent with and enhance the interests of the communities in which we are active.
,National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewable’s Strategy and Policy team is seeking a summer 2023 Regulatory Policy Analyst Intern. This role will expand on the student's current technical and/or policy knowledge, introduce them to the corporate relevant industry environments, and will challenge their relevant skills in issue identification, problem solving and solution development for matters of interest to the company. In this role, the candidate will work independently and in team setting. The duties of the intern will have a real impact on the firm, and the student will present on their experience to leadership staff at the end of the summer. This individual will learn fast in a changing and growing company and very dynamic industry environment and will take away “real world experience” as well as a better understanding of the energy industry, and in particular the renewable energy role within the relevant forums.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Strategy and Policy group in identifying regulatory policy issues that impact the company in applicable state and federal forums
- Collaborate with the relevant business units in the company to communicate relevant issues and develop positions on such and plans to address and manage the relevant matters
- Monitor and/or participate in relevant ISO/RTO committee forums and/or FERC meetings – this can be remote or onsite at the ISOs/RTOs or FERC
- Research federal and/or state regulatory policy issues as assigned by Strategy and Policy staff
- Assist with the development of Strategy and Policy reports and participate in relevant internal company meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- College student with relevant study focus and interests – beneficial study disciplines include engineering, economics and policy
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 and other Business Intelligence Tools
- Proficient writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working in team environments and presenting in such
- Time management capabilities
- Self-starter in a remote or in-person environment
- Organized with a willingness to learn
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a positive attitude