Power Marketing Intern
- Job Title
- Power Marketing Intern
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
About the Position:
National Grid Renewable’s Power Marketing is seeking a summer 2023 Power Marketing Analyst Intern. This role will expand on the student's current technical knowledge, introduce them to the corporate environment, and will challenge their communication skills, and grow their ability to perform well in a team setting. The duties of the intern will be centered around building the trading and financial management tools to better manage our solar, wind and storage assets. This is a large project that will affect many areas of the firm. This individual will learn fast in a changing and growing company and will take away “real world experience” as well as a better understanding of the renewable energy industry.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with other departments and support current data initiatives to generate reporting requests
- Reviews current business process flows and data usage to identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Triaging various analysis/reporting issues with for the group.
- Help develop and manage a risk tracking and deal capture system as part of our ongoing trading and financial management tools.
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to this role:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree(s) in Business, Business analytics, Economics, Finance, Public Policy, Electrical Engineering or Renewable Energy
- MBA is not required but preferred
- Knowledge of or experience in power markets industry a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (Preferred: Netsuite and Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Well-organized; multi-tasker
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Quick, accurate, and consistent work
- This is a paid internship
- Expected hours are about 40/week