Phone: (304) 725-8444 Email: email@example.com
Motorsports Flagging & Communication Associate I
- Job Title
- Motorsports Flagging & Communication Associate I
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Summit Point, WV 25446
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
With 35 years of experience, Summit Point Motorsports Park and Training Facility provides Commercial Motorsports events along with customized Security and Emergency Medical training solutions on our 786-acre facility located in Summit Point, WV. We are a recognized leader in the Motorsports and Security Training Solutions Markets for both commercial and government clients. We take pride in providing tailored solutions for clients in an ever-evolving world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Summit Point Motorsports Park Flagging and Communications employees (Flagger) provide front-line safety communication to include drivers on track, control, grid, pit out, support services and track management. A flagger is a part time seasonal employee that is either qualified or willing to be trained in "flagging and communications" at Summit Point. The flagger communicates with an event controller via a radio set and displays track conditions to event drivers using a combination of colored flags and hand signals. The flagger's primary objective is to provide information to the participants about track conditions ahead.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Learning and understanding road racing flagging rules, including rules for car and motorcycle racing.
- Learn and understanding radio communication protocols.
- Learn and understand proper safety rules as applied to flagging
- Learn to identify and report any safety issues.
- Staff a defined corner station during all on-track sessions for your assigned shift.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED is necessary for this position.
- 0-1 year of related experience. Willing to train at this level.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Must be reliable and prompt.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of this job which requires standing outdoors for long periods of time and to remain alert and attentive during any on-track activities.
- Working a variety of shifts to include nights and weekends is required.
- Must be able to see well, either naturally or with corrective lenses and have good peripheral vision.
- Must be able to hear audio communications through radios, with or without a headset, either naturally or with correction.
- Must be able to speak fluent English and have suitable diction to facilitate clear and understandable radio communications in English.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
This position is very active and requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, use of hands, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items up to 100 pounds.
Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt and hazards is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment. Most of the work is performed in outside weather conditions. The worker may be subject to atmospheric conditions, is frequently in close quarters, and is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.