Medical Office Specialist (Evening and Saturday Shift)
- Job Title
- Medical Office Specialist (Evening and Saturday Shift)
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Medical Office Specialist is responsible for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicating with patients and providers.
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Reminding patients of upcoming appointments, and pre-visit planning.
- Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls.
- Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration by verifying and updating information in Patient Management as needed.
- Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics, routing appropriate patients to financial counselor for screening and qualification for Sliding Fee Discount or other programs.
- Checking-out patients and properly documenting follow-up appointments.
- Copying and faxing duties.
- Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
High School graduate (or GED).
Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a healthcare setting.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.