Training Instructor/Security Driver Instructor
- Job Title
- Training Instructor/Security Driver Instructor
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Summit Point, WV 25446
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
With 35 years of experience, Summit Point Motorsports Park and Training Facility provides Commercial Motorsports events along with customized Security and Emergency Medical training solutions on our 786-acre facility located in Summit Point, WV. We are a recognized leader in the Motorsports and Security Training Solutions Markets for both commercial and government clients. We take pride in providing tailored solutions for clients in an ever-evolving world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Serve as a part-time Instructor/Driving Instructor for Security/Counterterrorism Courses as a subject matter expert in Vehicle Dynamics, Motorcade Operations, Counter IED, Surveillance Detection and other related areas.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses.
- Researching and reviewing current intelligence related to security missions and introduces applicable information into driver training courses.
- Ensuring that training objectives have been met by analyzing trainees, feedback from instructors, and through personal observations.
- Identifying the need for revision to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the driver training curriculum effectiveness and quality.
- Assisting instructors in other security related subjects including terrorist operations, surveillance detection, attack recognition, and motorcade operations.
- Aiding Lead Instructor during practical exercises as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of current security techniques, methods, and procedures in the security/counterterrorist driving, vehicle dynamics, and motorcade operations areas.
- Instructing/Teaching in a classroom environment with a wide range of students.
- Providing instruction on the parts and functions of vehicles to include Fully Armored SUV’s.
- Gaining control of the vehicle during emergency situations and calm students who are in distress.
- Reporting all accidents/incidents to the Lead Instructor.
- This is a part-time position.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- 21 years or older with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Instructor/Driving Instructor Certification with 4 years’ experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Fire/Rescue or Motorsports
- Have the ability to occasionally lift and move items over 50 pounds.
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills for audiences of all levels.
- Work independently or collaborative as needed.
- Work in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work with exposure to dust, dirt, noise, and hazards is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment.
- Basic computer and program knowledge to include PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must have a clean driving record and the ability to pass a Background Check.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Good physical conditioning and stamina required.
- Able to regularly stand/walk for long periods of time without sitting, sprinting, kneeling on the ground, etc.
- Able to withstand hot/cold weather.
- Personal Protection/Executive Protection background.
- Military and or Law Enforcement background.
- Security Clearance