Looking for a new career? Check out our latest job postings where you can join the CC Pace team and be in an environment where you’ll never get lost in the shuffle. Please click Submit Resume. Once your resume has been submitted you can log in to update your information at any time. Your resume submission will also give the CC Pace Recruiting Team the ability to contact you with new opportunities that are a great fit for your skill set.
Product Owner-100% Remote
- Job Title
- Product Owner-100% Remote
- Job ID
- Remote, VA
- Other Location
We are looking for a Product Owner who has experience in the life insurance industry, understands underwriting, and can effectively interface with internal teams and users. This role will be responsible for helping to define the product vision and maximizing the value delivered by the team. The Product Owner will support the team, manage backlog items, evaluate, and accept the work created, and ensure the team is reaching the desired outcomes for the product.
- Collaborates with business owners to define the strategic business roadmap to achieve the vision and product goal.
- Owns the product prioritization and provides direction from a business perspective to the team.
- Defines Product Backlog by collaborating with business analysts, architects, Subject Matter Experts, and business owners to ensure transparency, visibility, and understanding.
- Defines features and User Stories and adds them to the Product Backlog.
- Uses the Product Roadmap and shares the business priorities for the upcoming release/iteration with the team.
- Facilitates team Planning Session for the upcoming Release and Program Increment (PI).
- Defines the Minimal Viable Product (MVP) for the Release or PI.
- Accepts the Stories upon completion.
- Collaborates with Scrum Masters to facilitate refinement sessions with the Scrum team.
- Ensures timely product decisions to ensure smooth flow of work into delivery teams.
- Communicates challenges to the business owners and helps resolve business related issues.
- Attends daily Scrum Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and other Scrum events.
- Conducts product demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports culture change to improve delivery agility.
- 3+ years of demonstrated successful experience in a Product Owner role
- Experience with common Agile practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience with Scaling frameworks a plus (SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, Scrum@Scale)
- Ability to build product roadmaps and influence stakeholders on business priorities
- Manage the creation and refinement of user stories and defining acceptance criteria
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate impacts that influence outcomes
- Ability to apply product design practices such as empathy maps, customer journey maps, user story maps
- Ability to plan and facilitate Big Room planning events to shape product vision such as lean canvas, impact mapping, and creating OKRs
- Draws valuable insight from varied industry and functional experiences that informs his/her approach
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Consistent ability to build consensus and lead work streams
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Proven ability to provide direction and oversight of project completion
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Agile Delivery Tools – Jira, Azure DevOps, Monday.com, Jira, Trello
- Collaboration Tools – Mural, Miro
- Product Development Tools – ProductBoard, ProductPlan, Wireframing tools a plus
- Product Owner certification required (CSPO, PSPO I, POPM)
- A-CSPO, PSPO II, PSPO III, CSP-PO, APM certificates a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. EEO IS THE LAW CC Pace invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company’s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact us.