Sr Land & Title Specialist
- Job Title
- Sr Land & Title Specialist
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high-value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair, and affordable energy future for all.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
This position is responsible for all real estate matters with minimal supervision from the Director of Real Estate for assigned projects that leads to a fully insurable and fully financeable project.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Prepare leases and other associated documents using proper title examination
- Work directly with Land Developers, Contracts Manager, Director of Real Estate, Land Owners, Legal Representatives of the company, other National Grid team members and outside vendors
- Keep current tracking worksheet for assigned projects
- Review title documents to identify and resolve encumbrances.
- Ensure that legal documents are correct and have been appropriately recorded with the county
- Responsible for working with the Landowner Payment Specialist for landowner payments for assigned projects.
- Review survey to identify any overlap/gap issues, verify that the proforma is reflected correctly and that all proposed facilities are within footprint parcels without encroachments.
- Work with others to ensure there are no objections for any land acquisition for assigned projects
- Travel as required for assigned projects. Travel may include to the county courthouse, meeting with landowners and to project sites.
- Work with Director of Real Estate to communicate land issues/status between assigned Project Manager and Real Estate departments
- Responsible for coordinating with the title company and landowners to close parcels that are being purchased with assistance from Director of Real Estate
- Responsible for responding to due diligence questions on assigned projects with supervision from Director of Real Estate
- Responsible for keeping data updated in LPM regarding various title related items
- Responsible for the real estate budget inputs for assigned projects
- Responsible for making sure that all real estate items are uploaded to specific data sites related to each assigned project.
- Work with the Director of Real Estate and Operations Department to transition assigned projects to the Operations Department when appropriate
- Work with Director of Real Estate and Project Manager for timing of landowner crop notices and construction notices for assigned projects. Prepare approved notices to be sent out
- Work with Director of Real Estate and Landowner Payment Specialist on calculating and triggering landowner payments as construction period and development periods are reached
- Work with Director of Real Estate to communicate the status of the assigned projects as it relates to real estate matters to Development Team members and Real Estate Team
- Coordinate with the local FSA office to confirm participation or nonparticipation of project parcels in CRP or other programs.
- Responsible for ordering a mineral assessment from the title company for assigned projects to determine whether full mineral searches are necessary. If so, ordering full mineral searches and clearing mineral interests to obtain mineral coverage from the title company, if needed
- Attend project and regional meetings for assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THIS ROLE
- 3-5 years as a Land & Title Specialist with proven track record of getting projects to a financial close
- Notary Public
- Willing to be a team player and learn new work tools
- High School diploma or GED; college degree a plus
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel software