Centric Fiber is a start-up telecommunications Company that is looking to disrupt the market and provide the fastest most reliable service for Internet and Phone service available. Centric Fiber partners with home builders to install superior fiber infrastructure directly in the ground during beginning phases of development. This means all homes in a community are already hardwired for high-speed fiber internet, without added costs or complications.
WE'VE GOT SOME SWEET GIGS, CHECK 'EM OUT!
Network Operations Analyst
- Job Title
- Network Operations Analyst
- Job ID
- THE WOODLANDS, TX 77382
- Other Location
The Network Operations Analyst is responsible for proactive network monitoring, resolving complex network issues, manage escalations, and drive problems to resolution per defined SLAs. This position reports to the Director, Network Operations and is considered a mid-level technical role. Job performance is evaluated based on the quality of results obtained via metrics, feedback from customers, and reports.
- Provision newly installed equipment and coordinate with project GigaGuides to ensure that the customers equipment is up and running in an effective and timely manner
- Proactively monitor customer network
- Document events and alarms, report network performance to management
- Follow customer alerts and notifications requirements
- Perform remote troubleshooting on point-to-point radios, battery chargers, routers, switches, CPE, and other monitored devices.
- Coordinate field technician dispatches in cooperation with Operations Dept.
- Provide case updates and notifications per contract requirements.
- Prepare and present daily shift reports (escalations, network status, ongoing issues, etc.)
- Follow all NOC process and procedures.
- Initiate escalation requests per internal and external requirements
- Generate documentation for processes in the NOC as needed
- Effective communication and escalation of alarms ensuring quick resolution
- Completing trouble tickets to document alarms; and answering incoming telephone calls to the NOC
- Field Work – Functional testing of the network at sites as needed
- Associates degree, two-year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a Fiber Optic cable / ISP and OSP environment
- Desired Certifications: CCNA and/or Calix
- Experience with PON (GPON, XGS-PON, etc.) networks and equipment helpful
- Experience provisioning and troubleshooting cloud PBX and SIP platforms
- Basic scripting / coding
- Data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power
- Demonstrated telephone, communications, and interpersonal skills are required
- No issues working various shifts, holidays, and/or weekends
- Effective communication skills oral and written, as required in responding to customer questions and complaints
- Organized and attentive to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Must have an understanding of networks
- Competitive base pay + Bonus
- Great benefits (Blue Cross Blue Shield Tx)
- Generous PTO Policy
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) plan with 5% match