Distribution Center Supervisor
- Job Title
- Distribution Center Supervisor
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Other Location
Distribution Center Supervisor – Cinncinati, OH
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 24 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration. We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
In the role of DC Supervisor it will be responsible for assisting warehouse manager in overseeing the physical receiving and distribution of specialty wire and cable products; ensuring the security and efficient operation of loading, unloading and inventory tracking; managing warehouse personnel in facilities over 50,000+ square feet.
- Receives, stores, cuts, rereels and distributes wire and cable products to customers by loading and unloading trucks with inventory, using forklift machines, wire and cable cutting machines, and other warehouse equipment. Organizes and re-stocks warehouse.
- Manages daily function of warehouse personnel including supervising work assignments and job responsibilities, employee training, scheduling and reporting time off, evaluating performance, and resolving conflicts.
- Communicates with sales and purchasing staff regularly to ensure customer problems are resolved and inventory orders meet specifications in terms of product type and quantity.
- Handles communication and shipping documentation with truck drivers responsible for pick-up and delivery of inventory.
- Prepares monthly production reports and any other reports required.
- Coordinates orders in the warehouse; assists warehouse manager in determining and/or enforcing priority codes for timely shipping of orders; checks orders for accuracy.
- Conducts safety training for warehouse staff.
- Operates cutting machines/forklifts when necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- 5-8 years of warehouse/inventory management experience
- Ability to negotiate with freight companies
- Knowledge of specialty and basic wire and cable products
- Ability to communicate successfully with multiple levels of the company
- Experience with Wire and cable cutting/rolling machines, Cable jacks, Cable pulling eye compressors, Various saws and cutting tools
- Basic P/C or Computer proficiencies
- Must be authorized to work in the US, be a minimum of 18 years of age
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Prescription Plans / Vision
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Professional Development
Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.