Transmission Engineer II - ERCOT
- Job Title
- Transmission Engineer II - ERCOT
- Job ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America's electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid. It has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high-value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it's not just about projects
,but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and agile and take pride in supporting National Grid's vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
National Grid Renewables is seeking an Electrical Engineer II to join our transmission team. This person will evaluate the electrical aspects of renewable energy projects. This position will be remote, but preference will be given to Austin candidates.
General Position Overview
Engineer Level 2: This professional level performs routine engineering work requiring applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in engineering tasks. This level reflects a limited judgment on work details and in making preliminary selections or adaptations of engineering alternatives. Requires work experience in an entry-level position (or appropriate graduate-level study). Assignments may include work that is typical of a higher level. The supervisor screens assignments and selects techniques and procedures. Engineer II would be receiving close supervision. However, they may be responsible for the guidance of Engineer I staff members and communicating with other departments.
- Performing technical analyses relating to wind, solar and other project development to be reviewed by the supervisor.
- Performing analytical and administrative tasks relating to electrical interconnection and development of wind, solar, or other energy projects.
- Assisting the Director of Transmission with tasks relating to Project Scoping, Screening Analyses, Generator Interconnection, Facilities Studies, IA negotiation, and Strategic Initiatives.
- Assisting and representing National Grid Renewables and renewable energy at appropriate industry conferences and stakeholder meetings.
- Assisting with the interface with the different internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful project creation and implementation.
- Assisting in creating different reports and presentations as required by the Transmission Department.
- Supporting different requests from the market analysis team in the ERCOT region, if needed.
- Bachelor's degree (and/or Master's degree) in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-4 years of electrical engineering/transmission planning experience or ISO Generation Interconnection Process industry experience. *
- RTO (ERCOT, MISO, PJM or SPP) knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Good working experience with PSS/E, Power World, or any power flow software. Additional knowledge of TARA analysis software is preferred. Exposure to economic planning software like UPLAN/PROMOD would be a plus. Ability to navigate smoothly through software and complete non-complicated troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) regional processes
,and familiarity with different NERC TPL standards is a plus.
* VP of Transmission reserves the right to override the years of experience if the candidate has the required background and shows significant progress and willingness to move to