Commercial Real-estate Accounting Manager
- Job Title
- Commercial Real-estate Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63102
- Other Location
New + Found (pronounced "New and Found") is a fast-growing investment firm with an integrated approach to real estate development. Our holistic design-through-management model realizes opportunity in the overlooked and undervalued.
We focus on both impact investing through urban revitalization and delivering turnkey real estate solutions to our corporate partners. In addition to developing over $500M of real estate since 2000, New + Found provides a single-source solution for our partners and risk-adjusted, double bottom-line returns to investors.
New + Found has an opening for Portfolio Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day accounting activities, as well as work closely with the Director of Accounting with the compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial information needed for internal and external reporting, fiscal planning, and special projects. This position will provide the right candidate the opportunity to grow professionally and personally by expanding work experience, providing learning opportunities, and exposure to all levels of management.
- We strive to be legendary, from the service we provide to our impact on the community.
- We’re driven by ideas and creativity. We take calculated risks and embrace opportunities.
- We seek sustainable growth for our clients, our organization, and our employees.
- We lead with heart. We celebrate, appreciate and care for each other.
- We rely on trust to pursue excellence. We speak honestly, act transparently and honor our commitments.
- Full cycle accounting including review and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements/reporting packages
- Provide guidance and provide proper maintenance of the general ledger
- Provide direction on invoice coding to maximize CAM reimbursement
- Assist in common area maintenance, real estate tax and other reconciliations
- Prepare various financial and managerial reports and develop supporting documentation
- Prepare schedules and provide support to external auditors to ensure accuracy of information and compliance with established accounting principles and company policies
- Oversee and monitor development financial incentives including TIF, CID and TDD reporting
- Oversee the daily accounting activities including A/P, A/R, and bank reconciliations
- Review legal agreements including leases, operating and management agreements
- Assist with preparation of annual income tax filings, audits, 1099 procedures, and budgets
- Support for new property integration and onboarding process
- Interface with all levels throughout the organization, to include Senior Leadership.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policies.
- Prepare 1099’s as needed.
- Provide administrative support.
- Assist the Controller with project work as requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Minimum of three years’ experience in real estate/property management accounting
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Yardi Voyager Software and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Skills to apply accounting principles to the recording of financial data and preparation of reports
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in, or understanding of, private equity/real estate management