Assistant Practice Manager
- Job Title
- Assistant Practice Manager
- Job ID
- Los Alamitos, CA 90720
- Other Location
- Fountain Valley
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for working directly with Practice Manager.
Oversee daily operations, providers schedules, and staff. Ensure the practice is a highly functioning, efficient, and thriving medical practice - the leading orthopaedic care facility in the local community.
________________________________________________________ MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS):
- Communicate and provide excellent service to all patients and ensure staff members are providing maximum patient satisfaction.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff.
- Possess the ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting.
- Posses the ability to make independent decision when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possess the expertise and be the “go-to” person for all processes related to office protocols and procedures.
- Lead by example.
- Possess a 100% understanding of all department job expectations in order to lead effectively.
- Possess a 100% understanding of all insurances / IPA’s / medical groups / contracting involved at COA.
- Possess a 100% understanding of COA policies, procedures and operations.
- Ensure policies, procedures and operations are adequate, and that staff members are following these guidelines and are performing at COA expectations in their assigned duties.
- Oversee daily operations of practice (providers schedules / staff and staffing issues / supply ordering / maintenance issues / etc.)
- Constantly oversee floor to ensure proper service and procedures are being met.
- Work directly with Practice Manager to ensure proper daily operations are being met by staff.
- Help create and develop a culture of service excellence among staff.
- Create and implement staff appreciation programs.
- Attend marketing lunches / dinners / parties as necessary.
- Address patient complaints as necessary and ensure maximum patient satisfaction.
- Address staff issues as necessary.
- Address technical and IT issues as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with providers and staff by holding regular meetings, providing communication via memos, emails, phone calls, texts, or communicating directly (face to face) due to immediacy of issue.
- Ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Ensure OSHA compliance.
- Ensure Safety compliance.
- Ensure business licenses are current and in effect.
- Communicate with various vendors that visit.
- Order supplies as necessary.
- Assist with suite improvements and expansions.
- Assist with accounts payable.
- Assist with subpoenas and schedule depositions.
- Daily mail.
- Ensure proper follow through on all issues brought before OM desk and communicate the solutions to providers or staff ASAP.
- Establish and maintain courteous, communicative and cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, providers and the public.
- Adhere to Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Adhere to Safety Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Adhere to HIPAA Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned by DTS, Physicians or Jeule.
______________________________________________________ POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, experience and skills
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous 3-4 years of medical practice management.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills.
- Multi-task oriented and can work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
• Four year Bachelors degree.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA:
Carrying/Lifting: Lifting and carrying charts and supplies.
Standing: Assisting patients and performing OM duties on floor.
Sitting: Floor procedures, computer work, paperwork, and phones.
Walking: Assisting patients, transporting supplies, performing OM duties.
Repetitive Motion: Reaching and grasping, keyboard activities.
Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read.
Environmental Exposure: Patient contact.
Speaking and Hearing: Communicating with patients and coworkers.
- Pay Range
- $50,000.00 Annually to $60,000.00 Annually