Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Medical Assistant/Patient Representative- Colo-rectal Clinic
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant/Patient Representative- Colo-rectal Clinic
- Job ID
- Dallas,, TX 75208
- Other Location
The Medical Assistant/Patient Representative professional is responsible for all aspects of being the representative for the Patient. Supports and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic plans of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants.
• National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 days of hire date
• Valid Basic Life Support Certification
• 2 or more years of professional medical assisting in a practice setting preferred.
• Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly and openly
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
• Be accountable for your performance
• Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
• Take initiative for your professional growth
• Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality, and will use complete discretion when discussing patient information.
• May perform intramuscular, intradermal of subcutaneous injections. With complete documentation.
• Assists physicians in providing nursing care to patients in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
• Takes patient history and vitals.
• Performs general nursing duties as appropriate within the licensure and state guidelines. Conforms to OSHA Regulations and Precautions
• Demonstrates an extensive working knowledge and practice of infection control procedures. Cleans and disinfects all instruments and maintain QA reports for the autoclave.
• Assist in Rx refills via Fax, E-Rx or phone calls and updating in the patient medication module
• Responsible for unpacking and maintaining medical supplies and vaccines and keeping supply closet organized.
• On a monthly bases check for expired medication. Keeping appropriate documentation and disposal.
• Prepare FMLA forms and various documents that come in for physician review and signature. IE: Home health, prescription pre certs
If interested please email me at AniaSikora@mhd.com, schedule a time to chat here: https://calendly.com/ania-sikora Or apply at https://www.methodisthealthsystem.org/
Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journal
150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
Military Friendly Employer, Silver Designation
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist