PremiStar, formerly Reedy Industries, operates a footprint of 41 commercial HVAC, building automation and plumbing branch locations across 12 states. We’re transforming our industry by investing in leading regional owner-operators, extraordinary people, unique customer-centered solutions and the communities we serve. With nearly 2,000 employees, PremiStar helps critical facilities owners and managers in commercial, municipal, educational and industrial market segments achieve more cost-effective, more energy-efficient and healthier environments.
- Job Title
- Benefits Manager
- Job ID
- Deerfield, IL 60015
- Other Location
Located in our Deerfield facility and reporting to the Vice President Total Rewards and HR Systems, the Benefits Manager is accountable for administering our employee benefit programs. Responsible for supporting the development, design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization's benefits related programs and policies. Researches and recommends programs that are in alignment with overall human resources and company strategic objectives, as well as legal requirements through competitive analysis, market research, and benchmarking.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer all company benefit programs, including health and welfare plans, retirement plans, leaves of absence, and voluntary benefits.
- Handles benefit inquiries and concerns to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Researches and responds to complex questions and advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Partner with brokers and vendors to analyze utilization and claims data and identify trends; recommends process improvements and/or plan design changes. As main contact for benefit providers, ensures good communication and a good relationship.
- Handle benefit changes including enrollment, life-change events, and terminations for all benefit plans.
- Frequently drafts various benefit communications and ensures legally required communications are up-to-date and distributed appropriately.
- Ensures timely completion and submission of required reports and audits (i.e., Form 5500s, ACA reporting, nondiscrimination testing) including providing data to consultants and auditors for testing and preparation of reports.
- Lead the benefit system setup and ensure accuracy of benefits administration.
- Oversees administration of COBRA compliance.
- Utilize HRIS and payroll systems to automate and simplify programs and benefit administration.
- Provides M&A support to ensure benefit and compensation programs are properly integrated.
- Support the development, design, implementation, communication, and administration of the organization's compensation related programs and policies.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in benefits program development and administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements (i.e., ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, IRS, ADA, Section 125 regulations, 5500, Health Care Reform, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security, DOL, FLSA).
- Clear, precise, and effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and exercise sound judgment with a high degree of professionalism.
- Results driven with ability to operate independently and proactively.
- Proven ability to establish rapport and work across all levels of organization and cultivate relationships to foster cooperation and teamwork.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Formulas).
- Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously with regularly adjusting priorities.
- Proven analytic and business skills with the ability to perform mathematical calculations in computing rates, premiums, and adjustments.
- Work-life balance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A great manager and/or team.
- A compelling work culture.
- A sense of purpose.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.