- Job Title
- Compliance Specialist
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Compliance Specialist assumes diverse responsibilities to assist with administration of the health center risk management program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with the planning, management, and performance of audits.
- Assists with risk assessments and analysis to ensure health center compliance.
- Assign and communicate required compliance training and track completion.
- Assist the Director of Risk Management and Compliance with compliance investigations and audits including investigating the alleged violation, documentation, and follow-up.
- Analyze and evaluate data to prepare reports and properly document activities and communicate outcomes.
- Works with departments to identify risks in all aspects of health center operations and determine appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Receives and records injury reports for the organization and communicates to Workman’s Comp.
- Attends meetings, communicates action items (events/projects) to participants, and follow-up on deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assists with scheduling and preparing compliance training material and education for all staff, including the onboarding of new hires.
- Participates in the evaluation of compliance program effectiveness and provides recommendations for process improvement.
- Monitors the healthcare regulatory environment and provides updates on changes related to corporate compliance and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) regulations.
- Maintains compliance program information in a confidential manner.
Associate degree required. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
Three (3) years compliance and policy and procedure experience, in a healthcare or hospital environment, is required.
Ability to interact with individuals across the organization to establish effective relationships.
Requires excellent communication skills.
Must provide routine reports and correspond both verbally and in writing.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.