Work Location and Classification
Cambridge,MA / Boston, MA Metro Area - Hybrid
The Assistant to CMO and Special Projects Manager will work directly with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and other clinical team members to provide administrative support and assistance with company presentations, travel, planning and organization with accurate, timely, consistent, and seamless execution. The Executive Assistant will serve as the central point of contact for the CMO and oversee operating practices and procedures to ensure that the CMO office is running effectively.
• This position reports directly to the CMO
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as point of contact for the daily business of the CMO Office, includes high-level contacts of a sensitive and confidential nature inside and outside the company
• Coordinate conference calls, manage the calendar coordination for meetings, conferences, PTO, etc.
• Manage and maintain the heavy demands of schedules, appointments and travel arrangements and expense reports
• Facilitate and coordinate the smooth operations of meetings, including but not limited to; take minutes; planning offsite meetings; coordinating logistics; effectively managing communications of meeting details for participants, and track action items and key issues
• Work with CMO to ensure timely and effective communications to the CMO team. Candidate should be a strong communicator and possess good writing and editing skills.
• Coordinate complex domestic and international travel with the ability to execute last minute changes
• Manage routine operations processes for the CMO Office including generating and managing annual budgets, and coordination of Finance, HR, and travel approvals
• Assist the CMO in the development and completion of various projects to include, developing and maintaining project plans, timelines, and associated budgets.
• Assist in managing cross-functional teams to ensure successful completion of special projects. Coordinate and communicate project progress to stakeholders, including the executive leadership team.
• Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Work with senior-level executives within and outside the company, as well as vendors, visitors, etc. with excellent customer service
• Edit material for grammar, punctuation, clarity, and sentence structure. Distributing material with necessary discretion to appropriate parties (e.g., executives, clients, attorneys, etc.) and revising as directed
• Draft and review meeting materials and presentations.
• Compose memos and correspondence for CMO from brief verbal instructions.
• Maintain CMO office files on correspondence, clients, reports, and other records by inserting new documents and disposing of outdated material
• Obtain briefing materials to ensure the executives are fully prepared for meetings
• Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
• Other duties as assigned
• This job description can change at any time
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five (5) years of relevant professional executive-level experience, preferably in a fast-paced high-tech environment, with record of proven stability at top tier companies/organizations; experience supporting a global organization highly preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Exceptional computer skills, advanced knowledge of relevant software, including Zoom, MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and technically savvy
• Experience and skills in drafting and editing PowerPoint presentations
• Self-starter and high energy individual who works with little or no supervision who is self-motivated and knows how to anticipate needs
• Ability to maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to take initiative and identify tasks that need completion in the areas of responsibility
• Adaptable to changing tasks and direction, and problem solve during execution
• Ability to perform with strict attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to learn new software proficiently for the operations of this job
• Ability to form amicable working relationships
• Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple simultaneous tasks while under strict deadlines with appropriate sense of urgency
• Physical demands: (check one)
☒ sedentary (< 10 lbs.)
• Physical activity: (check all that apply)
☒ light work (< 20 lbs.)
☐ medium work (< 50 lbs.)
☐ heavy work (< 100 lbs.)
☐ very heavy work (> 100 lbs.)
• Visual acuity: reading, writing
• Working conditions: indoor office
• This position does not require previous supervisory experience.