IT Senior Manager
- Job Title
- IT Senior Manager
- Job ID
- Work Remote
About Mass Insight
Mass Insight Education & Research is a Boston-based non-profit serving schools and districts nationwide. We partner with states, districts, schools, and other stakeholders across the U.S. to create equitable K-12 education systems and programs, so that each student is prepared to fulfill their academic potential and life ambitions.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive to be an organization that lives into its beliefs around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). We welcome and expect our current and future team members to join us on this collective journey. You can find our DEI Belief Statements here.
IT Senior Manager Position Summary:
The IT Senior Manager will support all aspects of org-wide information technology and data security. This position reports directly to the CFO/COO. The work of the IT Senior Manager is generally independent but is very collaborative in nature. The position offers opportunity for career growth as opportunities for greater automation and digital transformation become critical to scaling our work.
A fully virtual organization with 70 employees located throughout the contiguous US, Mass Insight leverages the capacity and expertise of an IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) for help desk support, workstation imaging, systems administration, annual security awareness training and monthly phishing testing. The IT Senior Manager will serve as the primary point of contact between Mass Insight and our MSP. If you connect with our mission and have qualifications in alignment with the description below, we’d love for you to apply.
Within 12 months in the role, the IT Senior Manager will typically be able to take on the primary responsibilities listed below:
- Serve as escalation contact for MSP helpdesk issues, coordinating with outsourced IT the fulfilment of employee requests.
- Preparing agendas for IT strategy meetings with Managed Service Provider (MSP) and CFO/COO
- Serve as Systems Administrator (or co-administrator) for Mi’s software platforms including but not limited to Box, Google, Zoom, Microsoft O365
- Prepare the annual IT budget, consulting as necessary with MSP and internal departments, and maintain an up-to-date forecast of IT-related expenses throughout the year
- Maintain an inventory of all hardware, software licenses and peripherals and coordinate the maintenance thereof with F&A
- Direct or execute the onboarding and training of all new employees to IT systems.
- Support all departments in the implementation and training of our software platforms
- Monitor adherence to IT and Data Security policies and procedures
- Ensure 100% Mi staff sign-off of ISP and annual security awareness training
- Review and propose updates to ISP, at least annually
- Approve and/or execute (subject to authorization limits) the purchase of all hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Provide IT-related support for internal and external Mi events, leveraging facility service personnel as appropriate
- Work with the soon-to-be-established Tech Cte to identify or refresh IT-related projects that streamline IT systems and address current and future needs and that are informed by inclusive processes and yield equitable and inclusive policies and practices
- Provide critical thinking, research, analysis, communication, and change management support related to all things IT across the org, including continuous improvement of IT resources, enhancing data security and control, strategic computing, disaster recovery, KPI and dashboard reporting
- Create clear and concise IT-related recommendations for Executive Team related to strategic business plans and initiatives.
- Maintain level of technical proficiency with new and developing technology and data security systems
- 7+ years of experience in an information technology role
- Strong communication skills
- Vendor management experience
- Experience building IT strategic initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with cloud-based systems
- Technical certification(s) such as Security Plus, CISST
- Bachelor’s degree
- MSP experience
- Eastern Mass-based
Mass Insight has identified a set of Core Competencies that it expects to see in all staff members. Candidates for the IT Senior Manager position will have multiple opportunities to showcase their skills and mindsets and how they align with the expectations for someone in this role. We leverage what we learn during the interview process to co-create an onboarding and development plan with each new team members.
Competency What it looks like Champions our Theory of Action
- Understands the elements of our theory of action and how our work advances each element
- Provides supports and infrastructure for program staff to advance the Theory of Action
Believes in and grows people
- Understands own strengths and areas for growth
- Recognizes the unique strengths of team members
- Builds the skills and knowledge of Mi staff & partners
- Establishes clear expectations and provides needed support
Promotes diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Understands, anticipates, and plans for the ways that culture impacts our work with both partners and other Mass Insight staff
- Helps build cultural awareness in other staff
- Uses knowledge of staff, including their cultural perspectives, experiences, interests, and concerns, to differentiate management;
- Uses knowledge of self to account for how one’s belief’s, values, biases, and work preferences affect one’s staff
- Challenges non-inclusive behaviors
Manages projects to impact in spite of ambiguity
- Completes the required work, even when there are gray areas and obstacles
- Adjusts work and project schedule and milestones in response to changing expectations
- Ensures that efforts remain aligned with the project goals
Effectively works as a team player
- Builds and supports a cohesive team to accomplish project goals
- Operates with self-awareness and maintains perspective to support the team
- Addresses team challenges
- Pitches in to help others when needed to meet team goals
- Understands role on the team and delivers expected results
Solves complex problems systematically
- Collects, organizes, and presents information to define problems and serve as a basis for team problem-solving
- Builds strong project plans
- Devises solutions to discreet problems within a project
Continuously builds both education & specific subject matter expertise
- Stays current with trends & changes related to education and marketing & communications
- Demonstrates a willingness to research, learn and develop new skills.
- Demonstrates a growing understanding of education reform and Mi’s role
- Presents information to partners and Mi colleagues in a clear and concise manner, both written and oral
- Demonstrates active listening skills that demonstrate empathy and understanding
- Matches communication style to the context and need
- Adjusts communication style depending on the audience and purpose
- Uses a variety of facilitation tools and protocols to engage groups in learning, problem-solving, decision-making, and action-planning
Compensation and Benefits
We’re proud to offer comprehensive benefits to staff.
● An annual salary of $85,600 - $128,400 commensurate with experience
● Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
● 401k with a company match
● Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
● Generous paid time off
● Flexible work arrangements
Please go here for additional information www.massinsight.org/benefits
Mass Insight strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the schools and districts that we partner with. Mass Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. BIPOC and other individuals from historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Please apply and submit your resume here http://j.brt.mv/CompanyPortal.do?companyGK=29932&portalGK=17931