At AGTC We Are Data Geeks | Team Oriented Transparent | Quality Focused | Leaders
Associate Director / Director, Strategic Outsourcing and Vendor Management
- Job Title
- Associate Director / Director, Strategic Outsourcing and Vendor Management
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Remote, East Coast - USA,
- Other Location
- Remote, East Coast - USA
Work Location and Classification
Remote - East Coast, USA
The Associate Director/Director, Strategic Outsourcing and Vendor Management will provide oversight and management of outsourcing and vendor management program, with a focus in clinical operations and CMC manufacturing. This role is responsible for implementation of vendor management programs, and key sourcing activities including facilitating RFXs, contract and budget review, and negotiation of commercial terms. This position will work with various department leads and their team members to ensure the successful, cost-effective, and timely execution of AGTC outsourced activities, supporting corporate and departmental goals of clinical programs.
• The Associate Director/Director, Strategic Outsourcing and Vendor Management reports directly to the Executive Director, Strategic Outsourcing and Supply Chain Management or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In collaboration with functional and departmental leads, defines sourcing strategies and facilitates the identification and assessment of new vendors in line with established sourcing plans.
• Lead the request for proposals (RFP) process.
• Establish Vendor Management program and developing tools to assess key performance indicators (KPIs) as part of the vendor management programs; ensuring vendors are delivering and performing to expectations of service levels and contractual terms.
• Assist teams in defining scopes of work (SOW), preparing lists of responsibilities for both original contracts and amendments as well as budget development.
• Negotiate contract terms, SOWs, pricing, and payment schedules. Ensure agreements are advantageous to AGTC while minimizing risk through close collaboration with functional partners such as legal, finance, and department leads.
• Serve as initial point of contact for issue escalation and resolution with vendors.
• Contribute to program planning and implementation inclusive of scenario planning, forecasting, and timelines as needed.
• Responsible for providing updates regarding program metrics, deliverables, accomplishment, delays and recommend process improvements on a regular basis to manager for reporting to executive leadership team. Reporting cadence defined by manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree or higher in business/or health-related science or equivalent preferred
• Associate Director: Six (6) plus years of experience managing sourcing activities
• Director: Eight (8) plus years of experience managing sourcing activities
• Experience working in biotechnology and dynamic team setting within a small company
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to efficiently perform multiple tasks and manage changing priorities
• Ability to build strong relationships with coworkers of various backgrounds and expertise.
• Cell and gene therapy experience preferred
• CMO/CDMO sourcing and management preferred
• Physical demands: (check one)
☒ sedentary (< 10 lbs.)
☐ light work (< 20 lbs.)
☐ medium work (< 50 lbs.)
☐ heavy work (< 100 lbs.)
☐ very heavy work (>100lbs.)
• Physical activity: (check all that apply)
• Visual acuity: reading, writing, preparing/analyzing data
• Working conditions: indoor office environment
• This position requires previous supervisory experience.