Vice President, Operations | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Vice President, Operations | OmniCable
- Job ID
- West Chester, PA 19382
- Other Location
Vice President, Operations | OmniCable-West Chester, PA/Houston, TX
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million-dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 16 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
As the VP of Operations, you will lead the Operations Team, consisting of real estate and planning, transportation and logistics, safety and quality management, distribution process, policies, and continuous process improvement. This role is a key stakeholder and leadership sponsor for operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost to serve. OmniCable’s headquarters are in West Chester, PA with a secondary corporate team in Houston, TX. We prefer this role based in West Chester, PA. Relocation assistance is available for the ideal candidate. Consideration will be given for ideal candidates based in Houston, TX to remain in Houston.
- As a member of the OmniCable Leadership Team, you will develop and implement strategies to grow our company, embrace our Core Values, and realize our Mission.
- Build a strong team and develop talent that allows the company to continue to grow into new opportunities and promote from within.
- Manage the teams responsible for ensuring that the distribution network is operating as efficiently and as cost effectively as possible while maintaining service levels that position OmniCable for success.
- Evaluate and optimize the current distribution network and lead network expansion in support of growth targets while maintaining cost and service levels in existing business.
- Ensure that all operations teams have clear and measurable goals and are constantly optimizing performance against those goals through robust and continuous process improvement.
- Be the champion of operational efficiency, effectiveness collaborating cross functionally to improve cost to serve in the context of our place in the supply chain and value proposition.
- Develop working relationships with other functions to create transparency regarding metrics, KPIs and service levels.
- Build new capabilities and programs, both internally and with external partners, to improve fulfillment performance and cost and drive a better customer experience.
- Identify opportunities for business improvement through technology, in partnership with our Technology and Supply Chain organizations.
What You’ll Need:
- Servant Leader - Must embody a spirit of servitude toward the team and customers.
- Strategic Leadership and Planning Experience - High level problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Flexible and pro-active problem solver willing to plan and adjust with a growing company.
- Proven track record of growth, optimization of processes, employee retention, and lean/Six Sigma process improvement mindset and practices.
- Data driven approach to problem solving and presenting options to leadership.
- 50% travel, US/Canada required
- Successfully led multi-site, complex operational network through various business cycles (environments of growth, stability, and decline).
- History of practicing of change management and continuous improvement across large, complex organization.
- Experience navigating changes with IT systems (ERP, WMS, TMS) including major upgrades, migrations, implementations etc.
- Driven to pursue excellence in all aspects of life.
- 12+ years of experience in operational leadership in a high-growth, fast-paced environment (manufacturing, distribution, and/or redistribution or similar strategic roles preferred).
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and changing environment. Passionate about building new capabilities.
- Aptitude and willingness to "get one's hands dirty" and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations, and manage projects directly.
- Ability to work with different levels of management throughout an organization including a track record of close partnership with the C-suite/senior level executives.
- Strategic P&L management through hypergrowth: experience managing specific P&L goals, such as increased gross margin, increased operating leverage, etc.
- Competitive Medical & HSA / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost Group Term Life / Short & Long Term Disability / AD&D
- 401k Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Fund
- On boarding, Mentorship, & Professional Development Programs
- Various Committee Leadership Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
- Passionate Support of Work / Life Balance