- Job Title
- Properties Accountant
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63102
- Other Location
New + Found (pronounced "New and Found") is a fast-growing investment firm with an integrated approach to real estate development. Our holistic design-through-management model realizes opportunity in the overlooked and undervalued.
We focus on both impact investing through urban revitalization and delivering turnkey real estate solutions to our corporate partners. In addition to developing over $500M of real estate since 2000, New + Found provides a single-source solution for our partners and risk-adjusted, double bottom-line returns to investors.
New + Found has an opening for a Properties Accountant. This person will be a trusted individual contributor and will be responsible for the full accounting cycle of our property portfolio in an accurate and timely manner.
This position will adhere to New + Found’s core values:
- Legendary: We strive to be legendary, from the service we provide to our impact on the community.
- Innovation: We’re driven by ideas and creativity. We take calculated risks and embrace opportunities.
- Growth: We seek sustainable growth for our clients, our organization, and our employees.
- Heart: We lead with heart. We celebrate, appreciate and care for each other.
- Trust: We rely on trust to pursue excellence. We speak honestly, act transparently and honor our commitments.
- Participate in the monthly/annual financial reporting review and close process.
- Process tenant billing to include annual CAM reconciliation, utility reimbursement and work orders.
- Participate in budgeting and planning analysis.
- Manages and evaluates Accounts Payable process for continuous improvement of financial controls to maximize efficiency.
- Manage cash application of receivables process.
- Prepare and maintain monthly accrual journal entries.
- Collaborate with team in reporting and compliance regulations.
- Assist the Controller with project work as requested.
- 2 years’ experience in real estate/property management accounting required with a high school diploma.
- Proficiency in MS Suite preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team-player mentality.
- Yardi Accounting Software experience a plus.
New + Found is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.