Purchasing Administrator | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Purchasing Administrator | OmniCable
- Job ID
- West Chester, PA 19382
- Other Location
Purchasing Administrator - West Chester, PA
OmniCable is a trusted redistributor of specialty wire and cable to electrical wholesalers and is staffed with the most experienced professionals in the industry. Currently, we are looking for a Purchasing Administrator to join OmniCable’s Supply Chain/Purchasing Department. This role touches many aspects of inventory management including vendor relations, expediting, and working collaboratively with our sales, operations, and finance teams.
What You’ll Do:
As a Purchasing Administrator, you will be a key member of the Supply Chain/ Purchasing department. You will be responsible for managing the distribution and inventory levels of key product lines nationally. The main responsibility of this position includes working with vendors, meeting or exceeding KPI’s such as inventory turns and goals, and service levels. Prospective candidates with inventory control experience in a warehouse setting are encouraged to apply.
- Execute day-to-day procurement activities to support company-wide inventory goals
- Product system maintenance in Inventory Management System (IMS)/ERP
- Establish working relationships with existing vendors
- Report on key inventory KPI’s
- Collaborate with other functions / departments on any inventory discrepancies
- Communicates with necessary internal contacts to answer questions related to the processing and releasing of requisitions and accumulated purchase orders.
- Responsible for processing change of purchase orders
- Responsible for posting of direct purchase orders.
- Clean up past due purchase orders
- Process consignment, reconciliation, and nonconforming reports
- Expedite purchase orders and update po information in ERP
- Process stock transfers
- Assist buyers with projects as directed
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or combination of education and equivalent work experience
- Experience in a Procurement / Purchasing role
- In-depth understanding of distribution workplaces
- Experience working within an Inventory Management System (IMS) such as Infor, Manhattan, Blue Ridge or SAP