Distribution Center Lead | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Distribution Center Lead | OmniCable
- Job ID
- Fort Worth, TX
- Other Location
Distribution Center LeadOur Opportunity:
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million-dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 16 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
We believe in empowering your future!
We are seeking a high energy/hands-on Distribution Center Lead that thrives in a “lead by example” environment and can help support the day to day business operations at our distribution center in Georgia.
What You’ll Do:
As the lead you will work with the local DC manager in ensuring customer orders are effectively and efficiently processed throughout the day and the facility is operating as required. Omni Cable has twelve Distribution Centers throughout the USA supporting a Just-In-Time (JIT) inventory model.
- Processing daily orders to ensure 100% customer satisfaction- This is a hands on job that will require you to multitask multiple priorities throughout the day
- Become the subject matter expert in all facets of the DC operation (receiving, picking, cutting, striping, and shipping and carrier selection).
- Support DC Manager on non-order related work (facilities management, safety, security, equipment maintenance, Inventory control, etc.…)
- Lead team in absence of local Manager on an as needed basis
- Work closely with our local and national sales team to ensure all customer specific order requirements are met in a timely manner and as promised.
- Assist in employee training and development of staff, ensuring procedures are being adhered to and followed
- Open/ Close facility as needed
- Other duties as assigned as needed
- Individual must be authorized to work in the United States, Minimum of 18 years of age, and have a HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math skills
- Prior use of RF technology/ computerized WMS systems required.
- Requires high energy, dependability, and teamwork skills. Effective communication skills are also a must.
- Position may require working overtime or some weekends
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed in a distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures.
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical & HSA / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost Group Term Life / Short & Long Term Disability / AD&D
- 401k Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Fund
- On boarding, Mentorship, & Professional Development Programs
- Various Committee Leadership Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
- Passionate Support of Work / Life Balance