- Job Title
- Job ID
- Suffolk, VA 23435
- Other Location
The Orthodontist works collaboratively with team members to ensure every patient receives a full orthodontic evaluation. Design, fabricates, or uses orthodontic appliances to realign teeth and jaws to provide for normal function and improved appearance. Maintains a long-term view of the patient’s progress and shares responsibility with the team for patient satisfaction and a high degree of customer service.
- Perform complete, detailed, and accurate health histories, review patient records, develop comprehensive oral health assessments, and complete radiological and diagnostic studies including updated X-rays, iTero scans, and intraoral photographs.
- Prioritizes a comprehensive approach to oral health while addressing chief concerns
- Presents findings to patients and builds long-term care relationships built upon mutual understanding and trust.
- Collaborates with other dental specialties/generalists to address gum disease and tooth decay to coordinate orthodontic services within the overall scope of oral health
- Performs orthodontic treatments to correct or improve conditions such as crowding, crooked or rotated teeth, overbites, underbites, spacing, impacted teeth, poor aesthetics and other malocclusions.
- Directs the work of orthodontic assistants, treatment coordinators and other staff and formulates corrective therapies such braces, Invisalign, habit appliances, palatal expansion, and mouthguards.
- Recommends cosmetic whitening procedures for general aesthetics and after completion of orthodontic correction
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding health care and health care promotion to patients/family/ significant others
- Represent our group by providing outreach and education with local businesses, schools and other organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent communicator with staff, patients, and family
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Active VA Dental license in good standing
- AED, CPR Qualified
- Able to multi-task and work independently and as a team
- Aggressive Compensation Package
- Sign-On Bonus
- Yearly Incentive Bonus
- Potential Opportunity For Equity
- Guaranteed Daily Rate & Production Incentive
- Healthcare Benefits + 401K
- Opportunity For Equity Partnership
- C.E. Allowance & AAO Dues Paid
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Clinical Mentorship & Doctor Coaching
- Exceptional Clinical Support Team
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.