Executive Director Business Development East Coast
- Job Title
- Executive Director Business Development East Coast
- Job ID
- Other Location
LabConnect improves lives by partnering with pharma/biotech companies and clinical research organizations (CROs) to accelerate the development of new medicines around the world. An independent, global, one-stop-shop focused on delivering central laboratory services that are tailor-made, timely and flexible to meet the evolving study demands from traditional to increasingly complex trials.
At LabConnect, we are a growing and global team. In addition to great perks and challenging work assignments, we invest in our people with enriching career growth opportunities. We believe in a friendly and collaborative environment with open lines of communication.
The Executive Director Business Development is a member of the Commercial Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the Business Development growth strategy and team within their region. The person will provide point of contact leadership with existing customer accounts ensuring a high and consistent level of quality service, customer support and satisfaction, and drives the organization’s sales budget for the strategic customer for the current year and into the future. The role is a player/coach role that will both lead a small regional business development team and be responsible for a region of the territory.
What will you do?
- Work closely with CCO and other Executive Director Business Development leaders to build strategy and business plan for Business Development, inclusive of KPI’s and actions, to unleash scalable, repeatable enterprise growth.
- Drives the team in Identifying, prioritizing, and targeting prospective new business leads while working with our organizational team to drive success of current client’s business growth.
- Identify and develop new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new business wins in order to achieve annual new business income targets.
- Create a collaborative working environment between operations and business development to create new business opportunities with new accounts and existing accounts within all customer segments.
- Provide regular, accurate forecasts (monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline metrics to meet or exceed company goals).
- Leads Sales activities that result in meeting or exceeding annual targets within existing assigned strategic customers and assists sales leads within the region in assessing and engaging potential strategic customers.
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by assessing current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service. Provide employees authority, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of accountability and execution.
What will you bring to the table?
- 12+ years of solid experience in various facets of business development, including leading sales and business development teams as well as driving revenue through partners, resellers, and/or consultants, with strong preference for laboratory or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to meet and grow revenue targets. Deep understanding of strategies to influence and speed sales cycles while maximizing revenue growth
- Extensive experience managing sales pipeline and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, life sciences, or related field required. Graduate degree in business administration and/or related field highly desired
- Executive presence and proven experience in sales and client relationship management
- Executive level experience in market research and analysis. Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adept at effectively reading and managing diverse styles
- Proven track record to manage multiple selling strategies and approaches to market
- Action oriented and results driven - moves quickly and with purpose
- Ability to recruit and lead high-performing teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile environment
- Excited and passionate about the company story/mission/values
- Ability to travel 50% or more as needed/requested
Working Conditions/Physical Demands, Travel, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer
Receive a competitive salary and benefits package as you grow your career at LabConnect. Join our team and discover how your work can impact the lives of people all over the world
It is the policy of LabConnect to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email email@example.com or call (423) 722-3155.
For more information, visit www.labconnect.com