- Job Title
- Line Worker
- Job ID
- Lakewood, NJ
- Other Location
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible to assist the Team Leader in line operations that are necessary to ensure consistent flow of the packaging process and housekeeping in a safe manner. Responsible for maintaining personal safety. Responsible for communicating safety concerns to the Team Leader / Management. Able to perform all menial activities required to maintain the efficient operation of production. Is formally trained in identifying key quality requirements on product which includes cosmetic and aesthetic defects. Also able to perform quality inline inspections such as label placement and code presence. Able to assist in the purgation and cleaning of the machinery at the end of a packaging campaign. Able to perform material handling requirements and ensure that the cleanliness of the line is in control.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions
- Understands and abides by all gowning and un-gowning requirements.
- Abides by break time and restroom rules
- Assist in keeping assigned lines running.
- Change rolls of tape
- Communicate issues with equipment to Team Leader.
- Identify problems and communicate equipment issues which need further attention to Team Leader.
- Maintain material supply for continuous operation on assigned packaging line
- Meet area GMP and housekeeping standards
- Ability to hand place primary containers onto a conveyor belt
- Ability to hand place primary closures (Cap, Pump Caps, Plugs) onto bottles.
- Ability to assemble primary components (Vent tubes)
- Able to inspect label quality (Presence, placement, coding)
- Able to place boxes onto a skid.
- Able to build complex pallet patterns.
- Able to effectively sweep floors
- Able to secure and remove waste from the line
- Able to effectively clean conveyor belts
- Understands the proper use and redress restrictions when using the blue, gray and red bins.
- Understands IPA usage.
- Able to understand how a counting scale works
- Able to hand carton tubes and bottles
- Able to load tubes and bottles into cartons on a cartoner
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- The ability to be flexible to changing assignments
- Understanding of machine operations
- The ability to work effectively, maintaining composure in high pressure situations
- Visual acuity to read, inspect and match batch codes
- Visual acuity to discern small product defects at arm’s length.
- Dexterity sufficient to keep pace with high-speed line
- Strength sufficient to lift, push and carry boxes of finished product or change parts
- The ability to stand on concrete floors for full shift period Possess the ability to sit or stand or move around for full shift period
- The ability to hear speech and/or alarms through plant noise
- Peripheral vision and the ability to recognize colors
- The ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- The ability to walk within the confines of the facility
- The ability to bend or kneel
- The ability to work overtime as needed
- Required Skills
• The ability to be flexible to changing assignments
• Understanding of machine operations
• The ability to work effectively, maintaining composure in high pressure situations