Director of Operations
- Job Title
- Director of Operations
- Job ID
We are working with an exciting, fast-growing food manufacturing company that is revolutionizing the benefits of chocolate. They are seeking an experienced and talented Director of Operations. This individual will be accountable for the plant operations, supply chain, quality of manufacturing, and ensuring the company’s facilities can meet needs. Reporting directly into the CEO, this position is ideal for someone who is eager to make a mark in a rapidly-growing company.
Location: Montreal, Québec
- Oversees the manufacture of products, ensuring production, performance, and quality standards are consistently met.
- Reviews production reports to ensure safety, quality, financial, and delivery goals and standards are met.
- Ensures a healthy and safe working environment, and compliance with regulations, through collaboration with environmental, health, and safety staff.
- Assists with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology.
- Identifies and shares training opportunities for staff to build and improve skills.
- Organizes departmental management structure and teams for optimal, efficient operations.
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer to develop the operating budget.
- Contributes to overall business strategy and annual budget processes.
- Develop and manage master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality and timelines.
- Delivers progress and production reports to executive team members as requested.
- Supervises equipment purchase, maintenance, and layout.
- Ensure that manufacturing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Take ownership of the manufacturing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative manufacturing processes.
- Lead, develop and implement variable cost productivity programs across all areas of responsibility
- Coordinate team activities to optimize cost performance of the plant through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Plan and execute maintenance activity to ensure plant is kept safe and compliant.
- Work with the Manufacturing team to translate site strategy into specific annual performance goals and departmental objectives including KPIs, and to track them.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Proactively work with product line management, engineering, service, and other departments to incorporate best practices into the manufacturing environment.
- Report on Manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in operations, manufacturing, logistics and procurement in the food and beverage industry is required, preferably in natural foods.
- 3+ years managing and developing teams.
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Deep familiarity with Google Suite
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and can effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Proficient reading and negotiating contracts.
- Strong understanding of co-manufacturing partners, and manufacturing processes and equipment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills and desire to bring solutions to challenging business problems.
- Ability to drive organizational improvements through goal setting and management of KPIs.