- Job Title
- Medical Assistant
- Job ID
- Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for organizing patient flow, working directly with patients in exam rooms, documenting patient chief complaint and patient history.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS):
- Manage and oversee daily schedule; keeping patient appointments organized and flowing in the back office, and keeping providers on time.
- Work as a team with BOS and other Leads to ensure proper coverage on all sides.
- Lead by example by pitching in where necessary to achieve common goals. This includes active involvement in patient schedule, rooming patient, and setting example of excellent patient service and efficient productivity.
- Work with BOS to ensure all safety measures are followed and Back Office Team is current on BBP.
- Train new employees.
- Oversee all employees in their job responsibilities; ensure that all employees perform according to job standards.
- Inform management of any operational or staff issues that arise immediately.
- Communicate and provide excellent service to all patients, including advising patients of wait times.
- Direct patient to proper exam room / treatment area. Prepare patient for examination and other procedures.
- Assist in patient flow.
- Input chief complaint and patient history into EMA.
- Obtain reports and any other pertinent patient information for the provider.
- Common procedures done by a medical assistant include, but are not limited to; applying casts, splinting, staple and suture removal, and preparing injections.
- Maintain and clean exam rooms / treatment areas and medical equipment, and keep exam rooms well stocked with supplies.
- Organize and stock daily medical supply deliveries.
- Perform clerical duties including; answering inbound calls according to the COA 3-Ring Phone Policy, returning patient calls, taking complete, accurate and neat phone messages - document all phone calls in a message book and in Kareo. Always include date/time, patient name, date of birth, phone number and a detailed reason for call.
- Monitor the lobby area for patients or visitors who may have medical difficulties and be ready to assist and communicate with the provider or assistant of any patient issues.
- Establish and maintain courteous, communicative and cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, providers and the public.
- Adhere to COA Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Adhere to Safety Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Adhere to HIPAA Policy and Procedures at all times.
- Perform Kitchen Duty on assigned day.
- Maintain and acceptable attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education, experience, and skills
·High School diploma or equivalent.
·Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
·Basic life support for health care providers
·Demonstrated knowledge of infection control standards.
·Ability to use and reinforce proper body mechanics and appropriate personal protection equipment.
·Customer service oriented.
·Previous experience working with the public.
·Good verbal, written and telephone skills.
·Multi-task oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous medical assistant work experience, customer service, computer experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA:
Carrying/Lifting: Assisting disabled patients, lifting and carrying charts, medical equipment and supplies.
Standing: Assisting providers and patients in medical procedures.
Sitting: Back office clerical duties, computer work, paperwork, and phones. Walking: Assisting patients, transporting and retrieving supplies and equipment, performing back office procedures.
Repetitive Motion: Reaching and grasping, medical procedures, keyboard activities. Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor, read, ability to visualize patient basic assessment.
Environmental Exposure: Patient contact, chemical exposure, such as gluteraldehydes and other germicidal agents. Risk of blood borne pathogens.
Speaking and Hearing: Communicating with patients and coworkers.
- Pay Range
- $17.00 None to $19.00 None