Apartment Service Supervisor- Pointe at Wimbledon
- Job Title
- Apartment Service Supervisor- Pointe at Wimbledon
- Job ID
- Greenville, NC 27858
- Other Location
The Service Supervisor is responsible for participating in and supervising the on-going routine maintenance of the property and grounds, the overall cleanliness and curb appeal, and service to the residents of the community. He/she ensures that the preventive maintenance program minimizes the need for repairs and preserves the physical property for maximum life. He/she is also responsible for advising and coordinating with the Community Manager any problem areas and abnormal maintenance problems and service requests that cannot be completed within the 24-hour time frame established by SYNCO Properties, Inc. (SPI) policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining parts and equipment inventory, preventive maintenance schedules, records pertaining to major repairs and replacements, roof leaks, water intrusion, quotes/proposals, warranties, and other maintenance related files as required by the property.
- Responsible for the timely submission of reports required by management.
- Scheduling of on call staffing and routine outside contractors used in the turn and repair process.
- Provide repair and maintenance costs/proposals for special and/or annual budgets and ensure adherence to budget projections.
- Negotiation of contracts with outside contractors and providing job scope for required quotes. Responsible for the supervision of outside contractors ensuring that the quality and timeliness of their work is within the terms & conditions and specifications of our contract.
- Monitors outside contractors while they work on site reporting any inappropriate conduct or behavior of contractor employees to Community Manager, Regional Director and/or VP of Apartment Operations.
- Prepare and submit thorough and timely OSHA and Worker’s Compensation reports and documentation as required by law.
- Maintain accurate SDS records and safety procedures ensuring all associates are always properly trained and informed.
- Responsible for exercising diplomacy, professionalism and a cordial manner at all times and ensures that subordinates do likewise in dealing with the residents, staff, management, vendors, contractors and other associates.
- Responsible for all aspects of interior and exterior building maintenance including scheduling contractors and allocating work orders to staff associates that will result in the most efficient and productive results. These areas include mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, yards and grounds, pools, playgrounds, laundry facilities, parking lots, through streets and other areas.
- Responsible for establishing and adherence to a preventive maintenance program that includes filter changes, punch-out procedures for vacated units, ensuring all life safety procedures i.e. scheduling fireplace/chimney inspections, smoke detector battery changes and trip and fall hazards, pool/playground equipment and operation, and all scheduled preventive maintenance inspections.
- Responsible for ensuring that all service requests are completed promptly and satisfactorily within a 24-hour period and reporting to the Community Manager those that require additional attention outside of that time frame.
- Manage and assist with apartment turns including all normal punch activities, scheduling turn activities, as well as other renovations, repair or replacement of all appliances, repairs to plumbing and electrical and HVAC systems, painting as needed, carpet cleaning as needed.
- Perform most, if not all, carpentry and drywall repairs as needed. Knowledge and skill in ceramic tile repair/replacement helpful, but not required.
- Maintain swimming pool, if any, and chemical logs in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that emergency maintenance is performed promptly and efficiently during non-working hours. Schedule and monitor the on-call roster and advise the office staff and answering service appropriately. Position requires 24-hour on-call status for at least one week per month or as directed by management.
- Ensure key policies and procedures are followed by all subordinates, including lock changes. Retrieve all keys and company equipment from terminating associates.
- Perform daily yards and grounds inspection and clean-up, maintaining a record of any corrective action implemented. Ensure breezeways are clean and free of debris.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for on-the-job training and/or recommendation for continuing education/outside training of subordinates.
- Monitor and communicate performance objectives, requirements, successes and failures by verbal and/or written documentation. Inform Community Manager of any specific problems or needs on a weekly basis.
- Report any on the job injuries to Community Manager immediately, initiating emergency medical attention if necessary. Submit required OSHA / WC reporting immediately.
- Ensure that the maintenance staff is trained, routinely updated and observes all OSHA, EPA, and corporate safety precautions, standards and procedures and that all appropriate PPE, safety gear & equipment is available and utilized. Maintain OSHA documentation as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that all subordinates respect the rights and confidentiality of residents by forbidding the disclosure or discussion of any privileged information obtained because of their position or unit entry.
- Always observe and abide by the requirements set forth by the fair housing authorities.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of frequently used parts, buying quality parts and materials at the best cost to value while observing SPI approved purchasing policies and approval guidelines.
- Control and approve purchases as delegated to other maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for overall conservation of energy in vacant apartments, common areas and shop operations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college credits/college degree, supervision courses preferred.
- HVAC / CFC Universal certification required.
- CPO certification required (if applicable)
- A minimum of five years experience as residential maintenance supervisor.
- Proven hands-on experience involving: HVAC, heat pump repair, appliance repair, electrical circuits, aluminum wiring upfitting (if any), electrical controls, air balancing, test equipment, power tools, refrigeration, carpentry, locks, plumbing, concrete and paving repairs, residential sewer systems, welding, piping, shingle and flat roof repairs, and landscaping required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision required.
- Ability to train, supervise and motivate personnel required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, EPA, and corporate safety requirements essential. Ensure all are trained and observed.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to walk property, climb stairs, work from ladder.
- Regulatory and environmental certifications such as lead, asbestos, renovations and repairs preferred.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills required.
- Computer experience in Windows packages - light typing & data entry required.
- Must have a reliable truck to use on the job daily.
- Valid driver’s license & vehicle insurance must be maintained.
- Available for after hour and weekend on-call responsibility.