Clinical Medical Director | Wound Care Physician | Part-Time
- Job Title
- Clinical Medical Director | Wound Care Physician | Part-Time
- Job ID
- Aurora, IL 60504
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring a Part-Time Clinical Medical Director | Wound Care Physician for our Wound Care Center at Copley Memorial Hospital in Aurora, IL. Healogics is proud to offer Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Therapy training.
Find. Treat. Heal. If you are passionate about this mission, you should Come Heal With Us!
Schedule: 2 days a week - 2 Clinical Days and Medical Directorship up to 10 hours a month Additional opportunity for PRN/As Needed support at other local facilities.
Our Clinical Medical Directors, also called Healogics Specialty Physicians, lead and build their own practices within their designated Wound Care Center, armed with the luxury of full administrative support, so they can focus on forming strong relationships with their patients.
Healogics is the Global Wound Care leader, driven by Physicians who impact the lives of an underserved, growing patient population of over 7 million individuals. As a Clinical Medical Director with Healogics, you’ll be using the largest wound database on the planet to set the foundation for wound care research and development, worldwide. In this position, you’ll enjoy a collaborative community, supported by technology for innovative care solutions, as well as passionate Regional Medical Directors and visionary leadership, including our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. William Ennis — the founder of the first wound healing and tissue repair fellowship in the United States.
Clinical Medical Director - Wound Care Physician Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational, and financial results of their Wound Care Center®.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Participate in regional and national conference(s) related to wound care improvement or new wound care information.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance visibility of the WCC® and support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
Clinical Medical Director - Wound Care Physician Education and Experience Requirements:
- MD or DO
- Board Certified preferred, may consider Board Eligible based on center requirements.
- DEA license obtained prior to start
At Healogics, we believe that a people-first, patient-centered employment experience begins with providing exceptional benefits and compensation. We believe in providing our dedicated team members with competitive compensation and benefits packages. From tuition reimbursement to a matching 401(k) plan, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time Healogics employees.
Why should you Come Heal With Us?
- People-first, Patient-centered - We view our patients and our teammates as people, first.
- Serving Others - Be part of a team that helps the large, underserved population of people suffering from chronic wounds.
- Collaboration - Work with thousands of clinical colleagues, sharing best practices and clinical outcomes.
- Work/Life Harmony - Healogics clinical staff typically has a weekday schedule, creating more time for family and friends. Our providers have a schedule that rarely, if ever, includes evening, on-call or weekend responsibilities.
- Locations Nationwide - We have team members healing patients in over 600+ locations across the country.
- National Presence with a Family Feel - Healogics operates locally, with a family feel, but has a national presence and resource base.
- Committed to Nurse Development - We offer an extensive competency program, tuition reimbursement, and ANCC accredited continuing education.
- Healthy Working Environment - Operate in an environment that is safe, empowering and satisfying.
Are you ready to come heal with Healogics Specialty Physicians? Please email Emma at Emma.Pulley@Healogics.com for more information!
Salary for this position generally ranges between $72000 - $90000 / year. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications: education, experience, geography as well as operational needs and other considerations permitted by law and includes potential earnings for medical directorship (up to 10 hours per month).