Lockout Tagout Safety Engineer
- Job Title
- Lockout Tagout Safety Engineer
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Rockford, IL 61109
- Other Location
We are looking for a Lockout Tagout (LOTO) Field Technician to join our professional services team. The
position requires visiting plants and facilities to identify all energy sources for machines and equipment
in order to develop step‐by‐step procedures for safe shut‐down of equipment. With experience, Lead
Technicians also provide training, consulting and evaluation services to our customers. LOTO
Technicians travel frequently to different plants and facilities throughout the US, and interface with
maintenance managers and health and safety managers.
- Working to provide the best lockout services in the industry
- Identify machines and equipment subject to lockout tagout procedures.
- Identify all energy sources for the equipment and collecting data on the equipment for procedure writing
- Develop customized customer specific authorized training and deliver the training in a classroom setting.
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Involvement with the entire lifecycle of a project from initial sales calls through project completion.
- All other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Ability and desire to work in industrial and commercial environments around machinery.
- Ability and desire to travel
- Be in good physical shape and capable of walking all day at a plant.
- Mechanical and Electrical industrial systems and knowledge / aptitude. Those with maintenance, equipment installation/troubleshooting or repair backgrounds with a good technical understanding are preferred.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint Word and Excel) and iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Analytical thinking and skills required.
- Good communication and writing skills to develop LOTO procedures and communicate with our customers and staff.
- Must be comfortable in asking directions and speaking in front of small groups for training.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn from our current staff, and to be a team player
- Bonus skills include previous lockout writing experience or similar safety writing experience such as job hazard analysis or confined space.