Skip to content
Hardware Engineering Manager
- Job Title
- Hardware Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Poway, CA 92064
- Other Location
Manage the Hardware Engineering and Product Development group as well as participate as an individual contributor in product design.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Develop new designs, estimate resource requirements, create development timelines, set priorities for individual contributors, and
communicate progress to senior management.
- Participate in all phases of the complete hardware development life cycle, from concept through product definition, product development, production, and product sustainment.
- Assist senior management in setting Engineering’s strategic direction.
- Assist in recruiting, developing, and retaining of top engineering talent.
- Work directly with software, mechanical, RF, digital, and other engineering team members to anticipate upcoming projects requiring hardware support, requirement definition, and system performance definition.
- Identify new technologies to enhance department productivity, streamline development process, and improve future product capabilities.
- Evaluate and propose solutions to system level problems involving hardware.
- Estimate resource requirements and completion dates.
- Review work of other engineers to verify that it meets acceptable standards.
- Provide technical support to production group to facilitate product shipments and address product sustainment issues.
- Provide technical support to customers when they experience problems exceeding the capabilities of the customer service department.
Will supervise a group of primarily hardware engineers. Will provide mentoring, work leadership, and training to lower-level hardware engineers.
- Education/Training: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience with electronic hardware design and development at either the board-level, digital, RF, or test. A strong, proven track record of managing hardware product design projects from concept to production.
- Skills/Technical Requirements:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A thorough understanding of design and implementation issues associated wireless and video systems. Experience with complex product designs incorporating RF, analog, digital, and FPGA technologies.
- Substantial experience with schematics and layouts for analog, digital, and RF circuits using Altium Designer CAD suite.
- Significant experience using advanced debugging techniques and tools, including JTAG, ICE, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with certification testing and standards covering MIL-STD, DO-160, EMC (FCC/ETSI) acceptance, etc. a plus.
- Strong ability with use of MS Office to include MS Project (or equivalent).
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and provide performance coaching. Capable of communicating and leading members of other engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, software, and digital when necessary.
Flexible/hybrid role offering combination of remote and on-site office work at Poway, CA headquarters. The salary range for this position is $120K to $180K per year depending on experience. Small company with flexible work schedule and family-oriented culture.