- Job Title
- Dental Assistant
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Assistant supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist dentists with four handed dentistry and dental hygienists during procedures and or examinations.
- Help maintain the doctors' schedule and patient flow, creating no patient wait time.
- Exposing diagnosable radiographs.
- Verify patient medical and dental health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) as well as transcribe vitals and other important information in the patient chart.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment after each patient. Maintains cleanliness of treatment room and sterilization area.
- Treatment planning, documenting conditions and charging out treatment in patient records, as well as obtaining all consents for treatment in the patient chart.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and post op instructions prescribed by the doctor.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth and assist hygienists with polishing children under 10.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Perform all weekly and monthly equipment maintenance duties such as running lines, changing traps etc.
- Informing lead assistant or manager of inventory needs and avoiding wasteful practices of products. Keeping rooms stocked.
- Maintaining lab case’s outgoing documentation, and delivery dates for your assigned doctor. Checking the schedule for upcoming delivery appointments.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
Texas RDA License and CPR (BLS) certificate required.
Minimum of 1 year work experience as a Dental Assistant required.
Nitrous oxide sedation monitoring, prophy and sealant certificates preferred.