Regional HR Generalist | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Regional HR Generalist | OmniCable
- Job ID
- Norwalk, CA 90650
- Other Location
Regional HR Generalist | OmniCable
Omni Cable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million-dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 19 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
The Regional Human Resources Generalist is a subject matter expert that act as business partners to their regional teams. They lead the employee relations efforts for their regions while maximizing associate productivity through the optimization of talent. The Regional Human Resources Generalist will plan and prioritize optimal support to OmniCable’s West region (CA, NV, CO, WA). They thrive on maintaining a work environment that is representative of our core principles and that allows our high performance teams to execute with excellence.
- Support the effective rollout of Human Resources initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert in company policies, programs and operational processes and their impact on the business
- Lead employee relations efforts
- Lead investigations and provide objective, quality guidance and resolution
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local employment laws
- Address and resolve employee issues and/or concerns across all levels
- Mitigate risk and maximize productivity through collaboration with business partners
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with business partners to drive continuous improvement
- Support recruiting strategies in effort to attract top talent
- Support the development, retention and promotion of high performing teams.
- Support the performance management process
- Promote organizational initiatives and align team with vision and purpose
- Build relationships with field and corporate partners
- Provide quality decision-making that adheres to our core values
- Support regional engagement strategy
- Promote a culture of safe and secure sites
- Conducts targeted and purposeful site visits
Drive for Results
- Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
- Consistently pushes self and others for results; eliminates roadblocks
- Manages internal and external communications
- Supports the acquisition and retention of the right talent
- Trains, coaches and provides feedback
- Supports the Development of teams and positioning them for growth
- Acts with customers in mind
- Understands and teaches how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Makes the company vision sharable by everyone
- Can inspire and motivate
- Is forward-looking and talks beyond today
- Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Builds appropriate rapport
- Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside
- Spends time and the time of others on what is important
- Sets objectives and goals and translates into concrete steps for action
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Human Resources within a multi-site organization
- Bachelors/Associates Degree preferred or High School graduate/Equivalent, CA HR certification preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates. Requires up to 50% travel within the West area (Washington, Nevada, California and Colorado) and standing and moving for an entire shift.
- Regular travel is required. Regular on site attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and laws
Besides earning a competitive wage, Omni Cable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical & HSA / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost Group Term Life / Short- & Long-Term Disability / AD&D
- 401k Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Fund
- On boarding, Mentorship, & Professional Development Programs
- Various Committee Leadership Opportunities
- Wellness Programs
- Passionate Support of Work / Life Balance