Sales Manager | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Sales Manager | OmniCable
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77022
- Other Location
Sales ManagerOur Opportunity:
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 24 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees. We believe in empowering your future!
We are looking for an experienced, talented and tenacious Sales Manager that thrives in a fast-paced Sales environment to join OmniCable’s Sales Team. The role of Sales Manager will report to the Regional Manager and be responsible for the day to day branch management and regional plan execution. This role serves as the bridge between corporate initiatives and the Omni Cable sales desk.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the sales growth within the Region, specifically to drive growth in Gross Profit, by working with and leading the Account Managers within their region
- Engage in regular communication with Account Managers to improve customer interactions and the selling process, including but not limited to quotes, orders and inventory assistance
- Participates in the hiring process for new Account Managers, Promotions and disciplinary issues
- Leads on-boarding of new sales staff, including training and mentoring.
- Assess the branch for trends in inventory, competitor information, pricing patterns and customer concerns and report findings to the Regional Manager
- Conduct regular meetings with the Regional Manager to discuss personnel issues at the branch which may require RM involvement
- Act as an escalation point for customer issues
- Lead all process improvement initiatives within the Region
- Collaborate with the Distribution Manager and staff on orders and workforce flow to help promote a unified team with solid communication
- Coordinate with vendors to conduct training sessions for the sales staff
- Is an example to the team regarding Omnicable company culture
- Assume responsibility for calendar management of daily staffing levels and coverage
- Minimum 5 years of Account Manager experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proficiency with corporate productivity and presentation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Wire & cable industry experience (or comparable industry experience)
Besides earning a competitive wage, OmniCable offers these other great benefits:
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision / Prescription Plans
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Professional Development
- Flexible Workplace
Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.