Hyperbaric Safety Director
- Job Title
- Hyperbaric Safety Director
- Job ID
- Lakewood, CO 80228
- Other Location
Healogics is hiring a Full-Time Hyperbaric Safety Director for our Wound Care Center at St. Anthony's in Lakewood, CO!!
Find. Treat. Heal. If you feel strongly about this mission, you should Come Heal With Us!
Schedule: M-F, 8am-5pm. No nights, no weekends, no holidays!!
Our Hyperbaric Safety Director will work with supervision from Program Director to provide high-quality wound care within a Healogics Wound Care Center. They administer hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Provider. This position is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems, as well as for the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient. The position is also responsible for the day-to-day maintenance on the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems and serves as the point person for assessment of materials that are appropriate for use in and around hyperbaric chambers.
The Hyperbaric Safety Director will be joining a team of compassionate Wound Specialists that have touched the lives of more than 2.5 million people, preserved dignity and restored hope. The impact of healing wounds through innovative care resonates with our wound care doctors, nurses and other specialists who build strong relationships with patients and their families and see lives change.
Hyperbaric Safety Director, Wound Care Job Responsibilities:
- Performs hyperbaric chamber operator duties. This includes:
- Preparing, educating and orienting patients about the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. This includes lifting or transferring patients per local policy, getting them ready for treatment administration and answering their questions.
- Administering the hyperbaric oxygen therapy as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Provider to the patient. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance of the hyperbaric chamber equipment, as well as monitoring the patient(s)’responses during the session and making proper adjustments to ensure the patient’s safety and the safe and effective use of the equipment
- Making appropriate data entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits, and keeping complete and accurate patient records
- Operating and maintaining the hyperbaric chamber(s) and other hyperbaric support oxygen systems as required
- Participating in the safety program, such as conducting safety drills
- Is responsible for all the hyperbaric equipment/supply, and for ensuring the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related systems and ancillary components
- Works closely with facility management personnel and department medical personnel to ensure smooth day-to-day operations. Also works closely with Medical, Program and Nursing senior management to develop and annually revise department policies and procedures, as well as operation and maintenance documents.
- Leads the hyperbaric safety program activities and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required
Hyperbaric Safety Director, Wound Care Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development)
- Current Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) or Certified Hyperbaric Specialist (CHS) certification preferred
- Pre or post hire completion of an approved Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Safety course. If pre-hire, the course completion must be within the past 5 years from date of hire.
- Pre or post hire completion of an approved hyperbaric Medicine Introductory course (from Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology, Department of Defense, or American College of Hyperbaric Medicine)
- Current healthcare professional certification or license as applicable in state of practice - to maintain throughout the duration of employment in this role. This applies to:
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
- Military: Corpsman or Medical Services Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Certified Hyperbaric Specialist (CHT)
- Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse (CHRN)
- Certified (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
- Certified Hyperbaric Wound Specialist (CHWS)
- Physical Therapist (PT) or Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
- Or completion of Hyperbaric Training from US Department of Defense (DOD):
- e.g. US Navy, Army or Coast Guard Diver (1rst Class, 2nd Class or Master designation)
- or US Air Force Aerospace Physiology Specialist
- Pre or post hire completion of Introductory Hyperbaric Training Course, as approved by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology, Department of Defense, American College of Hyperbaric Medicine or Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in healthcare preferred
- Prior experience in wound or critical care preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- For Ohio, current Ohio license either as Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Respiratory Therapist or Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) as approved by National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT)
At Healogics, we believe that a people-first, patient-centered employment experience begins with providing exceptional benefits and compensation. From competitive compensation and tuition reimbursement to a matching 401(k) plan, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time Healogics team members.
Why should you Come Heal With Us?
- People-first, Patient-centered - We view our patients and our teammates as people, first.
- Serving Others - Be part of a team that helps the large, underserved population of people suffering from chronic wounds.
- Collaboration - Work with thousands of clinical colleagues, sharing best practices and clinical outcomes.
- Work/Life Harmony - Healogics clinical staff typically has a weekday schedule, creating more time for family and friends. Our providers have a schedule that rarely, if ever, includes evening, on-call or weekend responsibilities.
- Locations Nationwide - We have team members healing patients in over 600+ locations across the country.
- National Presence with a Family Feel - Healogics operates locally, with a family feel, but has a national presence and resource base.
- Committed to Nurse Development - We offer an extensive competency program, tuition reimbursement, and ANCC accredited continuing education.
- Healthy Working Environment - Operate in an environment that is safe, empowering and satisfying.
Please email Myles McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
The hourly rate for this position generally ranges between $24.30 - $30.30 / hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications: education, experience, geography as well as operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.
- Performs hyperbaric chamber operator duties. This includes: