R&D Technical Team Manager
- Job Title
- R&D Technical Team Manager
- Job ID
We are offering an exciting opportunity with a global company that has generations of expertise in dairy. Producing brands you know and love, this is a chance to join a team that is passionate about the food they create and a chance to work for a company that is eager for their employees to grow! We are seeking an R&D Technical Team Manager. This individual will act as the liaison between the R&D team and senior management.
Location: Tulare, CA
- Work closely with the R&D network and business team
- Coordinate resources in terms of time/material/personal function of project prioritization
- Validate project planning for each team member
- Transversal coordination of product related projects between all departments
- Help coordinate project portfolio management
- Validate project planning for each Research Scientist
- Together with VP R&D Cheese, set and monitor reasonable policies and goals for the staff.
- Monitor the progress of the R&D department, reporting any noteworthy concerns to the VP R&D Cheese.
- Provide structure and oversight for the training and development of all staff members
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of all staff.
- Technical or innovation support with main customers
- Will work in synergy with manufacturing and marketing for development and manufacturing of new products in coordination with the North American R&D network
- Will be a force of proposition for new concept and ideas that could easily fit existing plant settings
- Will be familiar with all aspects of plant operations and products produced
- Maintain all specification and technical documents
- Constant communication with plant manager, assistant plant manager, and quality managers
- Will maintain active knowledge of current developments in dairy process/production technology.
- Master’s degree in Food Manufacturing or a related field is desired
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of work experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of cheese production is required
- Strong microbiology knowledge
- Statistical mathematics knowledge
- Some travel possible (1-2 times per year)