- Job Title
- Community Manager
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63102
- Other Location
New + Found (pronounced "New and Found") is a fast-growing investment firm with an integrated approach to real estate development. Our holistic design-through-management model realizes opportunity in the overlooked and undervalued. We focus on both impact investing through urban revitalization and delivering turnkey real estate solutions to our corporate partners. In addition to developing over $500M of real estate since 2000, New + Found provides a single-source solution for our partners and risk-adjusted, double bottom-line returns to investors.
The Community Manager is responsible for the overall performance of their community. They are involved in all aspects of property operations including human resources, budgets and financials, leasing and maintenance activities, resident services, accounts payable, receivables and expenses.
- We strive to be legendary, from the service we provide to our impact on the community.
- We’re driven by ideas and creativity. We take calculated risks and embrace opportunities.
- We seek sustainable growth for our clients, our organization, and our employees.
- We lead with heart. We celebrate, appreciate and care for each other.
- We rely on trust to pursue excellence. We speak honestly, act transparently and honor our commitments.
- Provides input to the development of property budget(s) by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
- Meets targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted, making financial bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status reports.
- Controls expenditures by staying within the constraints of the approved budget and manages the balance and maintenance of the petty cash fund.
- Oversees the lease enforcement process by approving prospective resident applications, discounts and renewal leases, conducts periodic apartment inspections, follows proper notice requirements, evicts residents, and imposes and collects late fees and other charges as allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property and implements short- and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s occupancy and revenue goals.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
- Ensures the property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests.
- Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
- Manage property staffing by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and managing their performance.
- Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by conducting property tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to Director’s requests as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leasing and property management is required – with 2 years in a Community Manager position.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communications skills.
- The successful candidate must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, outgoing, energetic, professional, and customer focused.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to train, lead and mentor team members.
- Willing to work a full-time schedule including Saturdays and occasional evenings for resident events.
- Willing to assist with and drive to other locations as required by the company.
- Valid driver's license and insurance required.
- Strong computer skills – include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Yardi & Rent Cafe experience is strongly preferred.