Senior Manager of Corporate & Donor Engagement
- Job Title
- Senior Manager of Corporate & Donor Engagement
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Bronx, NY 10451
- Other Location
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: This is a full-time position (hybrid at The Bronx headquarters or an expansion site office)
Location: Bronx, NY, Newark, NY, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Associate Director of Development and External Affairs
The Knowledge House’s mission is to empower and sustain a talent pipeline of technologists, entrepreneurs, and digital leaders, who will uplift their communities out of poverty.
The Knowledge House (TKH) approach is to (1) close gaps in the education-to-employment pipeline in underserved Bronx neighborhoods by teaching young adults aged 16-24 skills to launch careers or ventures in technology, and (2) support links between local youth, tech innovation, and business development that bring positive community impact. Headquartered in the South Bronx, the poorest congressional district, TKH has served more than 1,900 students. Current core programs include our Innovation Fellowship focused on software engineering, cyber security, and digital design for adult job trainees, and our Karim Kharbouch Coding Fellowship for high school students learning computational thinking and web design.
Benefits of working at The Knowledge House:
- Apply your community outreach/development expertise to address the knowledge and skills gap seen in low income and underrepresented communities nationwide (we are rapidly expanding in NYC, Newark, Atlanta, and LA)
- Be part of a fast-moving and tech-enabled organization that’s building the next generation of tech entrepreneurs, technologists, and innovators.
- Join a startup where every team member is expected to contribute to strategy, create solutions and improve organizational culture.
- Flexible schedule hours; and ability to work from home for part of the work week
The Senior Manager of Corporate & Donor Engagement will focus on executing our corporate partnerships strategy and leveraging corporate networks to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual donors for annual or recurring giving. They will maintain a portfolio and a stewardship calendar with outreach, event planning, and campaigns to engage corporate partners and individuals year-round. This individual will also oversee the execution of annual campaigns that drive online fundraising, volunteering, and corporate partnerships, targeting professionals to engage in skills-based volunteer programs, ERG groups, and meetups to become “Friends in Tech” volunteers for fellows. The Senior Manager of Corporate & Donor Engagement will build and strengthen relationships with TKH volunteers to celebrate their contributions, engage them in fundraising campaigns, and convert them into donors. Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
1- Corporate Partnerships (40%)
- Manage the process of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate leaders that result in corporate funding (annual, volunteer, and talent partnerships).
- Leverage volunteer programming to generate initial interest and enthusiasm for TKH’s mission and build annual funding partnerships of $25K or more.
- Work closely with the <New Title> and Director of Programs to ensure that our “Friends in Tech” volunteer impact program meets our volunteer and mentor recruitment goals.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and cultivate individuals for our Advisory Council and its Tech Advisory Committee.
2 - Build Revenue from Individual Giving (30%)
- Work closely with the communications team to promote our giving clubs and consistently invite corporate sector volunteers to join via in-person or virtual events as well as online and direct mail appeals.
- Lead and generate enthusiasm for peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns to ensure individuals are actively engaged and enlisting their networks to increase awareness of our mission and expand our base of donors.
- Work closely with consultants to manage the process of qualifying volunteers who may demonstrate the capacity for a major gift.
- Maintain relationships with donors, prospects, and the TKH advisories through strategic outreach, face-to-face meetings, written appeals, and meaningful touch points (e.g. office tours, attending TKH events, connecting with alumni).
2- Campaigns and Events (15%)
- Host cultivation events to engage current and potential donors through the year including our annual fellowship and end of year campaign.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to scope and plan quarterly annual campaigns that attract resources.
- Work with the leadership team to track revenue and report on development progress towards goals.
4- Create Culture of Storytelling and Fundraising Among Key Stakeholders (15%)
- Act as a steward and spokesperson for TKH, including pitching to the press, giving presentations to the public, representing the organization at learning communities and advocacy initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination of alumni gatherings and TKH Advisory Council meetings and support their fundraising efforts.
- Liaise between the program, communications and development team to share qualitative and quantitative outcomes and stories that drive fundraising efforts.
- Engage TKH staff, students, alumni and the broader community in fundraising through a community-centered philanthropic approach.
You’re an ideal candidate if you are/have:
- A passion and love for our students and their genius. A tenacious desire to smash all barriers in the way of our students accessing rewarding, high-paying careers in tech
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional nonprofit fundraising setting
- Demonstrated track record of institutional fundraising
- Exceptional organizational skills and writing ability
- Experience cultivating internal and external constituencies and building long-term relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal communication and persuasive communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, social media, and fundraising databases; experience with development CRMs
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the workforce development field or corporate sector. Experience in the tech sector is a plus
The full-time salary range for this role will be between $68K-78K. Benefits for full-time staff include health, dental, and vision insurance, a 2% 401k match, a monthly tech stipend, a weekly no-meeting day, and unlimited PTO days.
To ensure employee and student safety, as of January 1, 2022, all TKH employees are mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
It is the policy of The Knowledge House Fellowship, Inc. to promote and provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status.